Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Krakatoa just exploded
Krakatoa just exploded

You don't think it's going to make a little ice age like in 19th century?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Krakatoa just exploded
(April 11, 2020 at 12:20 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote:

Unlikely, since it’s erupted dozens of times since the big one in 1883.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 11, 2020 at 12:20 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote:

FUCK! Depending on the magnitude this could effect the region if not the world. I forget which volcano erupted a few years back that disrupted air flight. On top of the virus, this shit is not something that part of the world needs right now.
Also, I think it was Mt. Tambora that caused the year without a summer in 1815. While there have been some claims that the 1883 eruption contributed to particularly brutal winters, it should be noted that this period of "volcanic winter" actually started the winter before it.

Also, there were previous eruptions in 2018, and I think that might have been a bigger one that this, since it apparently caused tsunamis:

Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(April 11, 2020 at 1:00 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I forget which volcano erupted a few years back that disrupted air flight.

How the fuck could you forget Eyjafjallajökull? Levitate
nevermind
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
(April 11, 2020 at 1:09 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Also, I think it was Mt. Tambora that caused the year without a summer in 1815. While there have been some claims that the 1883 eruption contributed to particularly brutal winters, it should be noted that this period of "volcanic winter" actually started the winter before it.

Also, there were previous eruptions in 2018, and I think that might have been a bigger one that this, since it apparently caused tsunamis:

A great spectacle of fire and molten rock. Truly an humiliating sight to us ants dwelling the planet.

Uh Rev, we can only watch the video on youtube as it is disabled to other websited that embed it. No biggie.
IIRC Krakatau is the correct spelling. "Krakatoa, West of Java" was the movie title.
(April 11, 2020 at 1:26 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: IIRC Krakatau is the correct spelling. "Krakatoa, West of Java" was the movie title.

The film was ‘Krakatoa East Of Java’. They got it wrong, you got it right. Smile

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
This is, I think, the 40th eruption since 1883. Nothing to fret about.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sod Krakatoa: This Is The One To Watch BrianSoddingBoru4 4 426 April 13, 2020 at 4:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Anak Krakatoa causes tsunami Brian37 12 864 December 24, 2018 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Where were you when Challenger Exploded? brewer 73 5583 February 2, 2016 at 9:42 am
Last Post: brewer