Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 11:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sod Krakatoa: This Is The One To Watch
Sod Krakatoa: This Is The One To Watch
Icelandic Volcanic Region Could Cause Disruptions For Centuries

Quote:Volcanic activity is escalating in a region of Iceland that has not erupted for 800 years, with scientists warning it could cause disruption for centuries to come.

Since 21 January, the Reykjanes peninsula south-west of Iceland’s capital, Reykjavik, has experienced more than 8,000 earthquakes and about 10cm of land uplift due to magma intrusions underground.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Sod Krakatoa: This Is The One To Watch
(April 12, 2020 at 2:55 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Icelandic Volcanic Region Could Cause Disruptions For Centuries

Quote:Volcanic activity is escalating in a region of Iceland that has not erupted for 800 years, with scientists warning it could cause disruption for centuries to come.

Since 21 January, the Reykjanes peninsula south-west of Iceland’s capital, Reykjavik, has experienced more than 8,000 earthquakes and about 10cm of land uplift due to magma intrusions underground.

Boru
[Image: fuck-this-spot-in-particular_o_2823493.jpg]

Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
I'm petrified of the world's worst pending catastrophe to come later this year.

No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(April 13, 2020 at 4:06 am)ignoramus Wrote: I'm petrified of the world's worst pending catastrophe to come later this year.

That should be nested in five spoilers. Tut Tut

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone going to watch the Jan 6th hearings? Brian37 39 3363 July 28, 2021 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Krakatoa just exploded Fake Messiah 24 983 April 12, 2020 at 2:29 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Anak Krakatoa causes tsunami Brian37 12 878 December 24, 2018 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Did anyone watch the Congressional hearing? Brian37 5 549 July 13, 2018 at 10:57 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Did anyone watch the ABC Comey interview? Brian37 3 616 April 16, 2018 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Huh Trump Actually Gets A Policy Through Now Watch Him Fuck It Up Amarok 11 4169 June 26, 2017 at 9:12 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  WATCH: Gay Kentucky couple insulted and abused by county workers when they ask for a rado84 7 2512 July 8, 2015 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Longhorn