Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 6:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World’s largest single gathering of humanity...
World’s largest single gathering of humanity...
[Image: sadhus_pulling_chillums.jpg]

Starting Tuesday, tens of millions of Hindu devotees in India will gather to wash their sins away on the banks of the Ganges River in a festival known as the Kumbh Mela. The tradition, which dates back over a millennia, is billed as the world's largest gathering of humanity. Through March 4, an estimated 120 million people will flock to the northern city of Prayagraj to bathe at the Sangam, a confluence of the Ganges, the Yamuna and the Saraswati rivers, BBC reports. By comparison, that’s almost 14 times the population of New York City

http://time.com/5501801/india-kumbh-mela-2019/

How to plan a festival for 100m people
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-46834335
Wherein both will be those (maidens) restraining their glances upon their husbands, whom no man or jinn yatmithhunna (has opened their hymens with sexual intercourse) before them (Quran  55:56, Mushin)
RE: World’s largest single gathering of humanity...
Considering how many people will pee in a pool - you ain't getting me in that river.....

Wacky
The smell must be unimaginable.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Isn't the Ganges the 6th most polluted and hazardous rivers on Earth for humans to exist near?
All I can think of is "flesh eating bacteria".
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(January 17, 2019 at 10:25 am)wyzas Wrote: All I can think of is "flesh eating bacteria".
The flesh eating bacteria get the willies, thinking about swimming in that swill....
Hope that stock the river with lots of tilapia.

And a few candiru, just for fun. (yeah, yeah, myth......... let me have some fun)
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Bathing is fine, if you live in Devprayag.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I wonder what the carbon footprint of this prodigious and hazardous waste of time might be...
I just hope there won’t be a crush of people in chokepoints, as they seem to happen often with these human migrations.
Formerly Loom from TTA (rip)

~Ignorance is not to be ignored.~

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Loving humanity for $1000 per hour Fake Messiah 7 1237 February 17, 2021 at 6:36 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Kumbh Mela; biggest human gathering in the world Dee Dee Ramone 4 2001 January 15, 2013 at 3:18 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko