Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 9:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damaging the environment in the name of Jesus
Damaging the environment in the name of Jesus

"Environmentalists have a long history of believing and promoting exaggerations and myths."

"Scaring little children to achieve your political ends is reprehensible."

Wow, the irony... do these Christians ever listen to themselves?
[Image: 186305514v6_480x480_Front_Color-Black-1.jpg]
RE: Damaging the environment in the name of Jesus
This particular stupidity started in the 80's when Reagan ( senile old fuck #1) Interior Secretary, James Watt said:

“We don't have to protect the environmen­t, the Second Coming is at hand”

One thing you can rely on xtians is that they never fucking change. BTW, Watt was indicted for perjury in the 1990's...fine xtian that he was. He plead guilty.
Ah the good old Church of Irony
OnlyNatural Wrote:"Environmentalists have a long history of believing and promoting exaggerations and myths."

"Scaring little children to achieve your political ends is reprehensible."

Wow, the irony... do these Christians ever listen to themselves?

It has always been my theory that being saved requires one to lose all sense of the ironic. Hence, we have the above quotes coming out of the mouths of the, ahem, 'saved'.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
These idiots are only jealous THEY didn't think of it first...

"Hey! ....save the environment for Jeebus"!!

What alot of wanking malarky!! Devil

My sympathy for those who must endure this sort of TV-environmental polution....

Who do these people think they are??? Confused Fall
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
KichigaiNeko Wrote:Who do these people think they are??? Confused Fall
Sons of god

Minimalist Wrote:James Watt said: “We don't have to protect the environmen­t, the Second Coming is at hand”

What a disgustingly ignorant thing to say. And the sad thing is, some people still think like this. What about the rest of us who realize the Bible is a myth and that this planet is the only home we have? It's also extraordinarily selfish, since fundamentalists like this no doubt believe only they, the chosen ones, are going to be swept off to heaven, while the rest of humanity and the natural world can go to hell for all they care.

[Image: 186305514v6_480x480_Front_Color-Black-1.jpg]
The most insidiously damaging part of christainity is its eschatology.
Quote:fundamentalists like this no doubt believe only they, the chosen ones, are going to be swept off to heaven...

I do wish they'd get on with it!
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
Chuck Wrote:The most insidiously damaging part of some versions of christainity are their views of eschatology.
Fixed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A bizarre anagram of St Peter's name Newtonscat 4 1748 January 17, 2015 at 10:44 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Challenge: Name Even 10 Beliefs in the Christian Delusion which are NOT Ridiculous Whateverist 33 5338 December 21, 2014 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7257 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  new name for a brige in my town atheist04330 5 1377 August 3, 2014 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: atheist04330
  Cast out the devil in the name of Jaysus!!!!!!! Clueless Morgan 14 3774 May 22, 2014 at 7:56 am
Last Post: Sinbad
  Apologetics blog domain name John V 54 19046 August 13, 2013 at 11:04 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Bigotry in the name of Jesus. Zen Badger 13 4169 September 10, 2012 at 6:01 am
Last Post: Ace Otana
  Jesus the Spiritual Warrior vs Jesus the Sacrificial Lamb Dosaiah 8 7390 December 5, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist