Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boris for PM?
Boris for PM?
It is my perception that Boris  Johnson has long wanted to be PM. I've never been able to work out how much of the buffoon image is real. I've suspected that may be  tactic to get his political enemies to underestimate him. If so, I think he may have over done it.

Just read a bit in Huffpost UK . Tony Blair has apparently said That Johnson will lead Tories to win the next election. IF Labour keeps Jeremy Corbyn and present 'revolutionary policies' Don't know about that. But, Corbyn does come across as a bit of a plonker.

Blair said that  Labour can win with more centrist policies, which could attract Tory voters pissed off with  the pig's breakfast of Brexit.

I'm not all that knowledgable of internal UK politics. Be most interested in some informed opinions,
RE: Boris for PM?
Or he really is an idiot . Just an idiot who wants to be PM . Consider him the British Paul Martin. Only without the economic clout .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(March 31, 2019 at 9:12 pm)Amarok Wrote: Or he really is an idiot . Just an idiot who wants to be PM . Consider him the British Paul Martin. Only without the economic clout .

This image pretty much cements that idea:
[Image: enhanced-26597-1425311004-1.jpg?downsize...ality=auto]
non-guitarists may not get that, but if you've ever seen a capo, you should know exactly what the problem is. Seriously, if you can't understand something that basic, then stay the fuck out of 10 Downing Street. To be fair, he did eventually get it,
[Image: borisbusk325.jpg]
but if the learning curve for this particular issue is more than 10 seconds, you are a fucking idiot.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(March 31, 2019 at 9:36 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(March 31, 2019 at 9:12 pm)Amarok Wrote: Or he really is an idiot . Just an idiot who wants to be PM . Consider him the British Paul Martin. Only without the economic clout .

This image pretty much cements that idea:
[Image: enhanced-26597-1425311004-1.jpg?downsize...ality=auto]
non-guitarists may not get that, but if you've ever seen a capo, you should know exactly what the problem is. Seriously, if you can't understand something that basic, then stay the fuck out of 10 Downing Street.
Perfect summary  Great
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

You deal with your own problems! I have Cheeto Von Tweeto to cope with.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Boris is an idiot, but can he do any worse than what we have now?
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

I'm hoping for Bojo or Lord Rees Mogg to lead the Tory party.

No. I don't like the Tories.
(April 1, 2019 at 1:52 pm)zebo-the-fat Wrote: Boris is an idiot, but can he do any worse than what we have now?

I think he can if he puts his mind to it.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(April 1, 2019 at 1:52 pm)zebo-the-fat Wrote: Boris is an idiot, but can he do any worse than what we have now?

Well, that's what the Americans said about George W Bush------------ Read
(April 1, 2019 at 5:24 pm)fredd bear Wrote:

Well, that's what the Americans said about George W Bush------------ Read
This sounds like a hold my beer prediction

Inuit Proverb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boris Johnson could become the president of America downbeatplumb 8 2692 May 12, 2014 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  An interview with Boris Dittrich on the global situation of gay rights Something completely different 0 1483 April 5, 2013 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: Something completely different
  Boris Johnson for President! Puddleglum 51 17115 September 13, 2012 at 8:58 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Boris Johnson Appreciation Thread. Napoléon 28 6666 August 16, 2012 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: Kayenneh
  Boris on Mitt Romney Tiberius 56 16933 July 28, 2012 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Boris Johnson re-elected as London's mayor! Tiberius 6 3371 May 5, 2012 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: frankiej