Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 5:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ottawa Flooding
Ottawa Flooding
Mass flooding has hit Ottawa leading to the loss of homes and the closure on multiple major roads and bridges and threatening the Ottawa water treatment and sewage plants .The military has been deployed to effected area's .

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-new...ue-to-rise

[Image: ottrainoct3111.jpg]

[Image: image21.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&w=512]
[Image: ottrainoct3113.jpg]
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

RE: Ottawa Flooding
They otta do something about that.
Build at river level --- what could go wrong?

Think
(April 28, 2019 at 8:09 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Build at river level --- what could go wrong?

Think
By that logic no one should ever build anywhere
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

A putz answer there pal.

You want to build in a flood plain? Fine. Don' t expect the guys up the hill to pay for it.

If you build accordingly - your house next to the river would be on 7 meter steel pilings embedded in concrete.

What you want is akin to the dork who gets a bunch of facial tattoos - then complains nobody will hire him.

You want a world where nobody is responsible for bad decisions.
And tornado alley should be deserted.
(April 28, 2019 at 8:34 am)onlinebiker Wrote: A putz answer there pal.

You want to build in a flood plain? Fine. Don' t expect the guys up the hill to pay for it.

If you build accordingly - your house next to the river would be on 7 meter steel pilings embedded in concrete.

What you want is akin to the dork who gets a bunch of facial tattoos - then complains nobody will hire him.

You want a world where nobody is responsible for bad decisions.
Nope a non asshole answer 

1. Build anywhere and you can still be fucked . And yes he's already paying for it just as if his house gets wiped out by something else .

2. Nope build it anyway you can still be fucked 

3. Facial tattoos say fuck all about a person ability to do a job it's just bullshit .

No I want a word were don't artificially punish people . While you choose to be an asshole for the sake of being an asshole and then chanting " bad decisions. "  and "responsibility "as a way justifying it .

(April 28, 2019 at 8:39 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: And tornado alley should be deserted.
The whole fucking earth should be deserted by his logic

Inuit Proverb

(April 28, 2019 at 8:39 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: And tornado alley should be deserted.

If you' re in an open field - an airplane MIGHT come down outta the sky and hit you.

If you' re on a train track - the likelyhood of your dumb ass getting run over is slightly higher than the guy standing in an open field.

But you probably don' t get the analogy.
Don't speak knuckle-dragger, so you're right.
Quote:If you' re in an open field - an airplane MIGHT come down outta the sky and hit you.
It's called tornado alley and yes a plane very much could or an earth quake or lightning or a million other things . Shock nature isn't predictable .

Quote:If you' re on a train track - the likelyhood of your dumb ass getting run over is slightly higher than the guy standing in an open field.
And there is still a million ways you could die anyway 

Quote:But you probably don' t get the analogy.
It's just not very good .

Inuit Proverb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tornado Strikes Ottawa Many Homes Destroyed Massive Blackout Across The City Amarok 19 2108 September 24, 2018 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Man smuggles 170k in gold from the Ottawa mint in his rectum Amarok 37 3168 February 4, 2017 at 1:28 am
Last Post: Amarok