Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] Do we have any female Christians left? If not, anyone is welcome to comment.
Do we have any female Christians left? If not, anyone is welcome to comment.
I’m just trying to understand how modern Christians justify disobeying the Bible when it comes to women and how they are to act/be treated. Most Christians I know are feminists, even if they don’t necessarily take on that label, they still believe in the equality and even the empowerment of women. I think it’s great, but how do justify it when the Bible clearly says it’s wrong?

Here are a few verses about women

Ephesians 5:22-24 women submit to their husbands
1 Timothy 2:11-15 women learn in quietness and full submission. Do not allow women to teach or have authority over men
1 Corinthians 14:33-35 women should be silent in churches
1 Corinthians 11:3-16 the head of every man is Christ and the head of every woman is man
Colossians 3:18 women submit to their husbands
Peter 3:1-6 women submit to their husbands
Titus 2: 4-5 women submit to husbands and do housework

[Image: 8-BD13-CB5-E9-A4-4684-ABA2-D74-DECB1-CC17.jpg]
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
RE: Do we have any female Christians left? If not, anyone is welcome to comment.
...and what are the roles of men in the relationship?

More specifically what do these very same verses say the husbands role is in the marriage when the verses re read contextually and not cut in 1/2 to only show how the woman is restricted.. what are the men restrictions and roles?

example verse 25 in eph 5:
25 Husbands, love your wives the same as Christ loved the church and gave his life for it. 26 He died to make the church holy. He used the telling of the Good News to make the church clean by washing it with water. 27 Christ died so that he could give the church to himself like a bride in all her beauty. He died so that the church could be holy and without fault, with no evil or sin or any other thing wrong in it.

28 And husbands should love their wives like that. They should love their wives as they love their own bodies. The man who loves his wife loves himself, 29 because no one ever hates his own body, but feeds and takes care of it. And that is what Christ does for the church 30 because we are parts of his body. 31 The Scriptures say, “That is why a man will leave his father and mother and join his wife, and the two people will become one.”[a] 32 That secret truth is very important—I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 But each one of you must love his wife as he loves himself. And a wife must respect her husband.

The man's role in that time was equally disturbing as it is showing love so great and so deep that a man is commanded to offer his life inexchange of his wife inorder to ensure her salvation.

Both men and women where being pushed out of their comfort zones as women woud have typically offered a form of love while God knew we value respect more, and men where commanded to offer deep love when we where more comfortable offering respect to the wife. a currency most women do not know how to spend. So again love is demanded when a man's inclination is to honor and or respect the woman.

1 Tm starts at verse 8 for the men.

1cor 14 starts at verse 1 for the men. a ton of restrictions narrowly defining to whom has the right to speak in formal worship. it's not just restricting women but most men as well. limiting to only 3 prophets per church visit.

1 cor 11.. ah, no. verse 3 has your summary, the other 15 verses restrict and limit how worship is to take place with in specific gender roles not just how women are to be subjgated but how men are also limited to act.

1 col 3:18 Wives, be willing to serve your husbands. This is the right thing to do in following the Lord.

19 Husbands, love your wives, and be gentle to them.

20 Children, obey your parents in everything. This pleases the Lord.

21 Fathers, don’t upset your children. If you are too hard to please, they might want to stop trying.

what is wrong with any of this? as a wife is it not your duty to serve and honor your husband and as a husband is it not his duty to love and honor the wife then is it not good that children obey their parents?

it is not a one way command where wives are only made to serve... look at the passage honestly. everyone is giving to the family in such a way as to most greatly honor the other people. no one is on top. everyone is commanded to give in such a way as to bring greater joy to the other people in the family.

1 pet 3 starting at verse 7 is the man's 1/2 of the commands to as with christ die for your wives, before any harm comes to her. this also is a passages for both man and woman to simply do right

titus 2 there are literally 2 verses commanding a woman on how she is to act... THE REST OF THE CHAPTER restricts and commands how men should act.

what is the problem? you don't like your role defined? here's the thing as a man it is more tightly defined. we are responsible for more rules more regulation and more over site is demanded upon us and everything we do is scrutinized. As a woman you are in the position of the greatest freedom in that you simply follow the man you are married to as you would have vowed to do back then.

If this was too much then simply don't get married under God... why don't you research marriage in the first century outside of the church and see what a secular wife's role was like. It is my understanding that christianity was so far left in giving a woman basic rights it was scoffed and frown upon in all other communities. it was over reaching and gave women power and AUTHORITY in the house hold they never had before.

so why haven't the roles changed?

Because the men's roles and responsibilities have not changed. In all accounts it is demanded we die in service to our wives to establish a godly family and endure hardship and out right physical pain if need be honoring and protecting our wives as a matter of supreme love. why? again because a woman's currency is love and we are to fill her account with it. as with a man needs to be respected inorder to be loved, or even if he is not loved he needs to feel respected for the most part. why is it a bad thing to give a man the respect he values if he is willing to die for his wife?
RE: Do we have any female Christians left? If not, anyone is welcome to comment.
My experience of attending black churches is that it's the men who are in short supply. It probably varies by denomination. The UU congregation I occasionally attend is low on unattached women compared to unattached men; though I did meet my honey there.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
[Image: women-supporting-religion-15925649.png]
Illegitimi non carborundum
I was a christian woman in a nightmare last week. Does that count?
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(May 6, 2019 at 9:39 am)Drich Wrote: ...and what are the roles of men in the relationship?

I didn’t bother to read the rest of your post. This thread is not about men, please stay on topic. And feel free to re-read the OP as you obviously missed the point. This isn’t about complaining that the Bible is sexist (it is), but it’s asking how do modern Christian women justify blantantly disobeying the Bible. Christian women speak in churches and even preach in some churches, Christian women work outside their homes, Christian women wear the pants in some marriages.

How do they justify this?
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Who picked these cherries, they're fantastic!
There are actually quite a few feminists that identify as Christian (albeit loosely) who work within black atheist circles and put a tremendous amount of time and effort into helping us do our thing.
These chicks are no joke. They go hard and are remarkably adept at keeping shit separated.

Clearly, they know who they are/what they stand for outside the box of religion....as did I, before I fell from grace. Lol

I presume their belief is little more than a quiet comfort in facing the looming inevitability of death and they just don't GAF about adhering to all the nonsense and extraneous garbage. These women aren't stupid; They see the holes in religious bullshit. 

They simply extract what they need and keep it moving.
(May 6, 2019 at 2:55 pm)Losty Wrote:
(May 6, 2019 at 9:39 am)Drich Wrote: ...and what are the roles of men in the relationship?

I didn’t bother to read the rest of your post. This thread is not about men, please stay on topic. And feel free to re-read the OP as you obviously missed the point. This isn’t about complaining that the Bible is sexist (it is), but it’s asking how do modern Christian women justify blantantly disobeying the Bible. Christian women speak in churches and even preach in some churches, Christian women work outside their homes, Christian women wear the pants in some marriages.

How do they justify this?

they don't justify anything. they simple are outside the custome of a christian woman for that time/day.

Is this a sin, for the christian it maybe, but again sin is not the measure of righteousness for christian. Love is. So if/when judgement comes the question is why did you wear pants why did you ask question in church... was it to cause decention and or cause problems or was it because pants are simply an acceptiable option now, the floor was open to questions from anyone. no one to ask questions in any format outside of church. needed to reconcile faith barring probles ect.. That is what grace is.

That is why we seek attonement

Because we will never be able to live as the bible instructs.

Because we will always be in error every day of our lives to one degree or another we seek attonement where our right-ness before God come from Christ sacrifice and not our ablity to follow all the rules.

So which rules do we follow?

Which rules can we follow and still love God with all that we are first and our neighbor as our self?

here in american wearing pants we can do both and no one would ever question that. however if you went to the middle east and it is their culture still that a woman can not wear pants, it would be hard to say you love your neighbor with your dockers on, with full access to atire they would not question your motives in wearing.
Drich just needs to move to the middle east already.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are there any Christians here who believe in zombies? Jehanne 41 4754 February 1, 2019 at 9:30 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7785 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Are there any Christian proselytizers left in this subforum? Jehanne 157 20964 October 8, 2018 at 1:05 pm
  Question I have for Christians. Quick 45 6976 May 12, 2018 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  OK, Christians! I have my KJV! chimp3 166 30626 April 12, 2018 at 11:21 am
Last Post: He lives
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 14913 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
  Christians: Does Your God Have Testicles and Ovaries? chimp3 97 18381 April 1, 2018 at 1:37 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  For Christians (or anyone else) who deny Darwinian evolution. Jehanne 334 44398 November 6, 2017 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  A quarter of British Christians do not believe in the resurection downbeatplumb 35 6802 April 14, 2017 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Christians, your god is gay. I have proof! rado84 82 19039 March 10, 2017 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer