Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian utopia?
Christian utopia?
Christians every day complain that society is getting too secular and more distant from being Christian, but let's say Christians get it their way that society gets more "Christian" or let's say today some people decide to make some peace of land to be governed by Christians for Christians to make it as most Christian as they can and therefore form their laws on Christian beliefs to, I guess, please God.

What would it look like? What would be allowed and what would be forbidden? Can anyone make a clear picture?

And perhaps some of you would be tempted to say "it would be like in medieval times" but world did change a lot since then, human knowledge did grow as did technology, but if you think it would all go in an instant to middle ages then be it.

Here are some of my guesses based on what seem to be Christian desires and obsessions:

Abortion would be forbidden.
Contraception would be forbidden.
Only religious songs would be allowed.
LGBTQ people would be executed.
Divorce would be forbidden.
Dancing would be strictly supervised.
Creationism would be taught in schools.
There wouldn't be democracy but rather religious leaders would govern chosen by holy ghost.
There would be cameras everywhere and people in charge who would monitor if someone is masturbating.
RE: Christian utopia?
(May 14, 2019 at 1:51 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Christians every day complain that society is getting too secular and more distant from being Christian, but let's say Christians get it their way that society gets more "Christian" or let's say today some people decide to make some peace of land to be governed by Christians for Christians to make it as most Christian as they can and therefore form their laws on Christian beliefs to, I guess, please God.

What would it look like? What would be allowed and what would be forbidden? Can anyone make a clear picture?

And perhaps some of you would be tempted to say "it would be like in medieval times" but world did change a lot since then, human knowledge did grow as did technology, but if you think it would all go in an instant to middle ages then be it.

Here are some of my guesses based on what seem to be Christian desires and obsessions:

Abortion would be forbidden.
Contraception would be forbidden.
Only religious songs would be allowed.
LGBTQ people would be executed.
Divorce would be forbidden.
Dancing would be strictly supervised.
Creationism would be taught in schools.
There wouldn't be democracy but rather religious leaders would govern chosen by holy ghost.
There would be cameras everywhere and people in charge who would monitor if someone is masturbating.

NOOOOOO oh my goodness then hell really would exist and it would be right here on earth!! Just reading that scarred me! What a horrible evil world it would be.
It really depends on which version of Christianity said utopia is based on. Many Christian sects can't even agree on the basics of their faith.
Dying to live, living to die.
(May 14, 2019 at 2:04 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: It really depends on which version of Christianity said utopia is based on.  Many Christian sects can't even agree on the basics of their faith.

That might be an interesting experiment: Take representative samples of the various Christian franchises and force them all to live together in their own little walled-off bit of the world.  Give them a year to come up with a God-based government.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Christian utopia would literally just be America now, since they wouldn't be able to agree on anything but they would still be the majority.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
It would probably be pretty Mennonite or Amish like. I could see the government working like a Quaker universalist meeting. Or maybe Quaker mixed with communism and egalitarianism, where everyone has a respectful say and it is relinquished to some trusteds to do for all, maybe by vote. idk, never really thought about it.
-added for clarity @Aegon no, definately not,IMO. Best we got, maybe. Utopia, hells to the no.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
(May 14, 2019 at 2:08 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(May 14, 2019 at 2:04 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: It really depends on which version of Christuanity said utopia is based on.  Many Christian sects can't even agree on the basics of their faith.

That might be an interesting experiment: Take representative samples of the various Christian franchises and force them all to live together in their own little walled-off bit of the world.  Give them a year to come up with a God-based government.

Boru

I hate reality shows but I might make an exception for that one.
Dying to live, living to die.
(May 14, 2019 at 2:33 pm)tackattack Wrote: It would probably be pretty Mennonite or Amish like. I could see the government working like a Quaker universalist meeting. Or maybe Quaker mixed with communism and egalitarianism, where everyone has a respectful say and it is relinquished to some trusteds to do for all, maybe by vote. idk, never really thought about it.
-added for clarity @Aegon no, definately not,IMO. Best we got, maybe. Utopia, hells to the no.

Mmmm you're right, I wasn't able to put on my idealist cap.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
I think it would be a free nation with a republican form of government and a constitution of guaranteed rights. 

Jewish nations were ruled by kings and prophet kings.  When the Lord returns He will rule His kingdom.
The LORD Exists: http://www.godandscience.org/
Intelligent Design (Short Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
Intelligent Design (Longer Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
We got a clear picture when Europe was full of catholics and protestants. It wasn't exactly full of enlightenment and peace.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 88792 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Yet more christian logic: christian sues for not being given a job she refuses to do. Esquilax 21 7404 July 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  Relationships - Christian and non-Christian way Ciel_Rouge 6 6322 August 21, 2012 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: frankiej