Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garage Sales
Garage Sales
It's that time of year again.

Anyone score anything good?

My best today - a 24 inch Crescent ( brand) wrench - near perfect. $20.

Smile
RE: Garage Sales
My mom was looking for a movie several years ago that was listed on Amazon as, "Used - Good, $49." It had been out-of-print for quite some time, hence the inflated price. I was lucky enough to find one at a garage sale for only a couple of dollars. It was in near mint condition, having been viewed only a few times.
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
Nothing yet, but I'm on the lookout for an antique writing desk.
(May 24, 2019 at 6:43 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: It's that time of year again.

Anyone score anything good?

My best today - a 24 inch Crescent ( brand) wrench - near perfect. $20.

Smile

That's a nice bashing tool! It's all I ever use an all-sixteenths wrench for. Tongue
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Not technically a garage sale, but we went to a charity bazaar a few weeks ago.  The missus got some very nice vases and associated doodads and I picked up an amazingly complete set of cast iron cookware.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I love cast iron. I pick up old rusty stuff - and stick it in.my sand blast cabinet. Once clean - I heat it and season it with spray oil - Pam.... 

I scrub thoroughly with scotch brite with each use then re- treat. After a dozen uses or so they look like black glass.not

Not much sticks to it.

Smile
(May 25, 2019 at 6:56 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: I love cast iron. I pick up old rusty stuff - and stick it in.my sand blast cabinet. Once clean - I heat it and season it with spray oil - Pam.... 

I scrub thoroughly with scotch brite with each use then re- treat. After a dozen uses or so they look like black glass.not

Not much sticks to it.

Smile

Yup.  Teflon can suck it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I got a m38 sherman tank scope (real deal not repro)
and a heiland 3 cell flash gun and reflector for 50 bucks
Cousin bought 200+ VHS tapes this week end, for a total of $10 bucks.

Today his wife notified him that he had thrown out the last tape player in the house last month.
I've been looking for laser discs.. the big record size dvds..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Garage sales onlinebiker 8 635 June 5, 2021 at 11:49 am
Last Post: brewer
  Garage Sales onlinebiker 39 2169 April 15, 2019 at 8:07 am
Last Post: Lemon Curry
  [split] T-Shirt Sales Darwinian 21 7033 August 14, 2009 at 8:18 am
Last Post: Tiberius