Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garage Sales
Garage Sales
It's that time of year, they're starting up.

Anyone here go to these? What' s the good stuff you scored?

Yesterday I got a Craftsman 6 amp, 1/2 inch chuck drill - a nice heavy duty unit - like new. $20.
For those that don' t know - Craftsman carries an unconditional lifetime warranty.....

Whatcha get?
RE: Garage Sales
Haven't been to any lately, but stuff I've scored in the past:

-A pair of stuffed owls.

-Stand mixer, still in box.

-A badly rusted basket-hilted sword (now restored).

-A set of antique wood gouges.

-A small replica of the Wounded Lion in bronze.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Got these (not the actually guns, but a handy image) from the yard sale across the street. Dude forgot some things when he took off with his new girlfriend. Wink

[Image: 8e5a5285a10ab3fd3f7867bd71d43b08.jpg]
(April 13, 2019 at 9:18 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Haven't been to any lately, but stuff I've scored in the past:

-A pair of stuffed owls.

Boru

I have to know...why the stuffed owls?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(April 13, 2019 at 12:19 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(April 13, 2019 at 9:18 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Haven't been to any lately, but stuff I've scored in the past:

-A pair of stuffed owls.

Boru

Cuz if you don' t stuff them, over time they get quite flat....

Tongue
Legal Status. All hawks and owls are federally protected under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act (16 USC, 703-711). These laws strictly prohibit the capture, killing, or possession of hawks or owls without special permit.
Controlling bird damage from hawks and owls
icwdm.org/Handbook/birds/HawksOwls.asp
(April 13, 2019 at 8:43 am)onlinebiker Wrote: It's that time of year, they're starting up.

Anyone here go to these? What' s the good stuff you scored?

Yesterday I got a Craftsman 6 amp, 1/2 inch chuck drill - a nice heavy duty unit - like new. $20.
For those that don' t know - Craftsman carries an unconditional lifetime warranty.....

Whatcha get?

In little Portugal, my wife uses social media to get good deals. She is good at it. Shopping around.

with only 10k euros per year, we gotta get smart. And I don't need guns to thrive. A swiss army knife mabe.
(April 13, 2019 at 12:19 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:

-A pair of stuffed owls.

Boru

Why would you NOT buy stuffed owls at a bargain price?

But seriously: I was dating a girl at the time who seemed to have a fixation for the expression 'I need that like a need a stuffed owl', so I bought her two.  When we split up, she didn't want them, and I've still got them.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 13, 2019 at 1:43 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Legal Status. All hawks and owls are federally protected under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act (16 USC, 703-711). These laws strictly prohibit the capture, killing, or possession of hawks or owls without special permit.
Controlling bird damage from hawks and owls
icwdm.org/Handbook/birds/HawksOwls.asp

In the UK at the time (don't know how it is now) barn owls were pests.  People used to shoot them, trap them, poison them...whatever.  It was simply my good fortune that someone had the foresight to stuff a couple.

Boru
(April 13, 2019 at 3:27 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 13, 2019 at 12:19 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I have to know...why the stuffed owls?

Why would you NOT buy stuffed owls at a bargain price?

But seriously: I was dating a girl at the time who seemed to have a fixation for the expression 'I need that like a need a stuffed owl', so I bought her two.  When we split up, she didn't want them, and I've still got them.

Boru

That's the best reason ever to buy a stuffed owl...or two.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Garage sales onlinebiker 8 634 June 5, 2021 at 11:49 am
Last Post: brewer
  Garage Sales onlinebiker 18 1791 June 3, 2019 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [split] T-Shirt Sales Darwinian 21 7032 August 14, 2009 at 8:18 am
Last Post: Tiberius