Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garage sales
Garage sales
It's that time of year. Anyone go? Score any good stuff?

Best scores so far this year.....

A propane wall mount ventless infra red heater with a thermostat (old one we were using did not have one) - new in box - for $35. New ones in store are over $300. Already mounted. Works great.

A 8 foot square (two 4x8 panels) solar hot water heater. Commercial construction. Aluminum case and copper tubing on copper manifold. (Over 400 feet of tubing)

$20.

A project for sure. I plan on using it with antifreeze - then running that through a heat exchanger to pre-heat the cold water going into my water heater.

I had a similar system I knocked together and during the summer it lowered by electric bill substantially. This one should do even better.
RE: Garage sales
I used to accompany my grandmother to garage sales all the time when I was younger.

Here in Florida, we also have huge flea markets. I've been to them a few times.
(June 5, 2021 at 7:29 am)Eleven Wrote: I used to accompany my grandmother to garage sales all the time when I was younger.

Here in Florida, we also have huge flea markets. I've been to them a few times.

That must come in handy if you need to buy a huge flea.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Flea market - not a name that really inspires confidence, is it?

How about a Roach Rally or a Bedbug Bazaar?

Cool
They call it a Flea Market to honor Harry Azkraac, who fought vigilantly so the Fleatonians could freely sell their wares without the taxation from Haywood Jablomi and the dictating and oppressive ways of the 2nd fraternal order of the rehashed 1st order.
I've got too much stuff already. I need to throw stuff away, not acquire more.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(June 5, 2021 at 10:38 am)Angrboda Wrote: I've got too much stuff already.  I need to throw stuff away, not acquire more.

I'll send johndoe over to collect for the church. With any luck you'll get sandwiches and packets of mayo.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(June 5, 2021 at 10:48 am)brewer Wrote:
(June 5, 2021 at 10:38 am)Angrboda Wrote: I've got too much stuff already.  I need to throw stuff away, not acquire more.

I'll send johndoe over to collect for the church. With any luck you'll get sandwiches and packets of mayo.

That's actually not a bad idea. I've got a microwave and a bed platform to get rid of, but neither Goodwill nor the thrift store will take them.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(June 5, 2021 at 11:29 am)Angrboda Wrote:
(June 5, 2021 at 10:48 am)brewer Wrote: I'll send johndoe over to collect for the church. With any luck you'll get sandwiches and packets of mayo.

That's actually not a bad idea.  I've got a microwave and a bed platform to get rid of, but neither Goodwill nor the thrift store will take them.

Call DAV, they will usually come and pick up donations.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Garage Sales onlinebiker 18 1791 June 3, 2019 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Garage Sales onlinebiker 39 2168 April 15, 2019 at 8:07 am
Last Post: Lemon Curry
  [split] T-Shirt Sales Darwinian 21 7033 August 14, 2009 at 8:18 am
Last Post: Tiberius