Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ancient Astronaut Theory
Ancient Astronaut Theory
I'm not to sure which section of the site this should be in, hopefully I'm in the right place though.

Ancient Astronaut Theory is something that I have been learning more and more about for the past 6 years, and thanks to more convenient access to the internet and some recent breakthroughs in liberal television ( Ancient Aliens on History Channel) I have began to vastly expand my knowledge. And I would like to expand my knowledge more on the subject, so I would like to start a thread for peoples opinions, or questions on the subject from both sides.

RE: Ancient Astronaut Theory
just bunch of fairy tales.
I'm still divided on it. I do believe in aliens, always have, always will and nothing will change that. I still tho don't believe 100 percent that they have ever visited Earth, but by looking at world religions and cultures, a lot of the pieces of Ancient Astronaut Theory do fit together pretty nicely. Now whether or not it's true is still debatable, and to the current extent of my knowledge I believe that it is one of the most logical theories to the origins of religion, culture and the world as we know it. But I only believe that to be a logical theory, I don't fully believe it as indisputable fact yet. If large groups of people were to come up with logical counter points and solid evidence I would probably change my views. But that's the whole problem with theories, only an idiot would believe a theory to be fact and until made fact it is only a theory.
Anyone have any constructive input?
You say it's logical that aliens visited earth. What's your reasoning? Do you have any proof?
"a lot of the pieces of Ancient Astronaut Theory do fit together pretty nicely. "

I'm unaware of any.I AM aware of a lot of argument from incredulity aka argument from lack of imagination. IE "I"m to ignorant,too stupid or too unimaginative to think of anything else,therefore God/aliens did it"

I'd be thrilled if you could name three. (citing your evidence).

or two.

or one .

Not sure I should even bother.Your rather adolescent claim that you will always believe implies a closed mind impervious to reason or evidence.
If you read my post correctly you would have read where it said I will always believe aliens exist, that's all. And anyone who believes that human beings are so almighty that we are the only ones like us in the entire vast universe that we have barely even begun to explore is entirely way too egotistical and close minded. What I said is that if someone were to offer up evidence disproving this theory then I would probably change my views on the subject. But you're the one being childish by instead of constructively building a case for either side, you are sitting there trying to debunk a theory without evidence to back up your claims. I have already stated that I don't have any evidence to prove that the theory is correct, if I did I sure as fuck wouldn't be sitting here writing about it, I would be taking it to the media.

But I do believe tho that they are unexplainable wonders of our world that were not created by man alone, and there is proof to that. Take the Great Pyramids for example. They're have been numerous scientific recreations and simulations done on the creation of the Great Pyramids that prove they could not have been created by ancient man alone. Now what is your suggestion? Do you believe God created them? Do you really honestly believe that man wasted so much time and energy and resources into them and completed a proven impossible feat?

You are the one who is "to ignorant,too stupid or too unimaginative to think of anything else" and you make that apparent by your absolute lack of contributing anything constructive to the topic at hand.
(January 28, 2011 at 5:24 am)Tracyt90 Wrote: They're have been numerous scientific recreations and simulations done on the creation of the Great Pyramids that prove they could not have been created by ancient man alone.
name one.
(January 28, 2011 at 5:24 am)Tracyt90 Wrote: But I do believe tho that they are unexplainable wonders of our world that were not created by man alone, and there is proof to that. Take the Great Pyramids for example. They're have been numerous scientific recreations and simulations done on the creation of the Great Pyramids that prove they could not have been created by ancient man alone. Now what is your suggestion? Do you believe God created them? Do you really honestly believe that man wasted so much time and energy and resources into them and completed a proven impossible feat?

The Pyramids are not an impossible feat. It's a combination of workforce, intelligence, and the right equipments. Aliens are not needed.

See this:
http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/...kforce.htm

(January 28, 2011 at 5:24 am)Tracyt90 Wrote: They're have been numerous scientific recreations and simulations done on the creation of the Great Pyramids that prove they could not have been created by ancient man alone.

Thats incorrect. All the simulations and recreations just pinpoint that we are not sure how they did it. We have no idea and since no one has ever met a marsian, stating that one helped build the pyramids with megarayspacebeamsbeepboopcomputermegalaser, just because we havent figured out how they were built, thats silly.
"We came from the sea originally, now we're going back in it. Don't go in it, unless you're in a boat."
Von Daniken, who wrote one of the more influential books on the topic, has been debunked several times. He's a media whore. Also, I've seen the Ancient Aliens shows they put on the (pseudo)History Channel and National Geographic...the people they interview have also been debunked (and some of them are fairly delusional). The evidence only holds up as long as you don't do any digging beyond what the show promotes.

I personally hate this theory because I feel it's insulting to the human race to assume we were not capable of the ingenuity it would require to build the structures these numbnuts say aliens must have done. The capability to reason, the inspiration for invention, and the propensity for logic didn't suddenly just appear after ancient times.

[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theory to how "Moses Crossing the Sea" tale came from Woah0 0 593 August 14, 2022 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Woah0
  sim theory Drich 69 7366 May 28, 2020 at 10:07 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Lightbulb Just a theory kbultra 60 7924 July 23, 2018 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Just how stupid were the ancient Israelites? The Valkyrie 115 14599 June 1, 2018 at 5:39 am
Last Post: Joods
  The theory of evolution HOAX pabsta 439 97911 October 23, 2017 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: JackRussell
  A theory about Creationism leaders Lucanus 24 7059 October 17, 2017 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: brewer
  My final theory of Creation as a believer Old Baby 20 4301 January 7, 2016 at 8:53 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The theory of god! I don't think so. ignoramus 9 2910 August 5, 2014 at 9:03 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  The Jesus Moot Theory DeistPaladin 16 4539 February 11, 2014 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
Lightbulb Problems with the theory of evolution. jamie_russels 152 42783 January 12, 2014 at 2:28 am
Last Post: Minimalist