Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My final theory of Creation as a believer
My final theory of Creation as a believer
I'm not a believer anymore, as I've already explained, but as recently as a year before my faith was destroyed, I thought I had a pretty good idea of how everything worked, i.e. God, Creation, the universe, etc.  Feel free to blow huge holes in this.

--------

1. If in the beginning only God existed, it follows that God could not have reached outside himself for the ingredients of Creation.  Thus, the ingredients of Creation came from God himself.  This means that everything that exists consists wholly of God-matter.  Thus, the universe is not merely a creation of God, but consists of God himself.  The Creator and the Creation are one.   The universe is therefore conscious and sentient.

2. Energy is the most basic form of everything that exists.  Energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transformed.  It is, therefore, eternal.  Thus, the universe is eternal in some form.  Thus, the universe is God. 

3. God = energy = Creation/the Universe answers the question of miracles.  Miracles are only classified as supernatural magic because that's the only way they could be understood by ancient man.  But, if energy is conscious and sentient, there is no need to argue for the supernatural or magic, as a conscious universe could just as easily suspend its own laws as we can scratch an itch.

4. If God is the universe, the human race exists inside the body of a seemingly infinitely more complex life form.  This seems no more far fetched than a bacteria living inside a human being.  There are good bacteria and bad bacteria, the most "insidious" of which can cause cancer in a human being.  Likewise, sin is the cancer of bad bacteria (humans) on their host body (God). 

--------

Yes, this theory seemed entirely plausible to me at the time.  Nevermind the fact that it begins with a number of presuppositions including:

a) God exists.
b) God can be known.
c) The Christian God is the real God.

I'm not a scientist or even a normal guy who knows a lot about science, but I still find my theory of God/Creation more compelling than the one offered by guys like William Lane Craig and Lee Strobel.

Destroy it.
RE: My final theory of Creation as a believer
Interesting! It sounds quite similar to pantheism.

It makes more sense than most explanations I've heard. But as you noted, it's basically a whole load of unsupported, unecessary assumptions.

And if God made the rules, I guess he could make it so that energy could be created. Otherwise he himself is bound by some sort of rules.

It's a valiant attempt to try and force some logic into a mythical belief. I name it, "God playing with himself" Tongue
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(January 6, 2016 at 2:23 pm)robvalue Wrote: Interesting! It sounds quite similar to pantheism.

It makes more sense than most explanations I've heard. But as you noted, it's basically a whole load of unsupported, unecessary assumptions.

And if God made the rules, I guess he could make it so that energy could be created. Otherwise he himself is bound by some sort of rules.

It's a valiant attempt to try and force some logic into a mythical belief. I name it, "God playing with himself" Tongue

Even as a Christian, I felt that God had to be bound by some laws.  I felt that the entire idea of omnipotent and omniscient were our ideas about God.  If God cannot act contradictory to his own nature, he is therefore not omnipotent.  In fact, my entire theory of Hell was based on the idea that there were people who God could not embrace because they were a cancer in his body, so all he could do was cut them out.  If God was truly omnipotent and could do anything he wanted, while at the same time being an all loving father, Hell made no sense whatsoever.
What existed before god? Who created god?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
That's a naughty question Tongue
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
(January 6, 2016 at 2:44 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: What existed before god? Who created god?

This question destroys the presupposition but not the possibility of the existence of an eternal being who requires no cause.  For me, the possibility was good enough to justify the presupposition.
(January 6, 2016 at 2:44 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: What existed before god? Who created god?

FSM Grin
The biggest assumption I find that people make about "God" is that he is automatically "good". That doesn't seem to follow at all. What's to stop a tremendously powerful thing being a douche nozzle?

Index of my best videos
Why did god create?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
That's a question that rarely gets addressed in any theology. It appears to be nothing more than a screw-around.

Index of my best videos

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theory to how "Moses Crossing the Sea" tale came from Woah0 0 595 August 14, 2022 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Woah0
  sim theory Drich 69 7388 May 28, 2020 at 10:07 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why Creationists don't realize the biblical Creation is just jewish mythology? android17ak47 65 8344 July 27, 2019 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: Haipule
Lightbulb Just a theory kbultra 60 8014 July 23, 2018 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  The theory of evolution HOAX pabsta 439 98034 October 23, 2017 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: JackRussell
  A theory about Creationism leaders Lucanus 24 7066 October 17, 2017 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The Biblical Account of the Creation - A new look RonaldMcRaygun 10 2961 March 31, 2017 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  I called a friend who is a believer... Old Baby 150 26350 January 15, 2016 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Hate the belief, not the believer Losty 84 12276 February 20, 2015 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Godscreated
  The theory of god! I don't think so. ignoramus 9 2962 August 5, 2014 at 9:03 am
Last Post: ignoramus