Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elon and AI
Elon and AI

This is scary.. and it's happening now..

If you listen he pauses a lot and you can see it in his eyes, he is always processing and thinking. mot of the time the pauses are to break down ideas so that people like joe and the rest of us can understand a much bigger picture.

Now if you listen about half way though he say our salvation into AI is by increasing our ability to communicate with it. in that we are already cycborgs in a sense with a very low communication rate, however if we can nerually interface with super AI this will open several doors deminsions of understanding/reality to us..

On a base level of understanding you have the real world and the internet. the internet being a series of interconnected smaller worlds or relaities. facebook twitter google are all examples of hubs where we connect or access this world however if the communication rate where to be upgraded to a computer level then our integration would be instantaneous and it would be like we could directly access this dimension. for lack of a better term it would be like jacking into the matrix. on which level our consciousness in one form or another could indefinitely exist on this level.

Now know it or not like it or not Elon musk just described heaven using scientific terms.

The question then becomes... how is it the ancients even though a rudimentary dialect are able to describe the displacement of consciousness and storage unless we are already in a similar type dimension where our physical lives are separate from our consciousness?
RE: Elon and AI
Elon Musk knows fuck all about AI.
(May 28, 2019 at 1:46 pm)Mathilda Wrote: Elon Musk knows fuck all about AI.
Hehe 

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/ar...th-ai.html

Because the man who can develop/owns a company who only job is to connect the human brain to a computer, which happenes to be on the brink of tying the human brain directly to an AI and communicate with it on a computer speed level know nothing about AI's..

Math..
Remember when I said the brain is nothing more than a Transmitter/receiver? looks like elon Musk is proving me right you old coot. maybe go back to the earth is flat club and stick with the things you "know." (cause if it where round we would fall off the side!)
(May 28, 2019 at 12:59 pm)Drich Wrote:

If you listen he pauses a lot and you can see it in his eyes, he is always processing and thinking. mot of the time the pauses are to break down ideas so that people like joe and the rest of us can understand a much bigger picture.

Now if you listen about half way though he say our salvation into AI is by increasing our ability to communicate with it. in that we are already cycborgs in a sense with a very low communication rate, however if we can nerually interface with super AI this will open several doors deminsions of understanding/reality to us..

On a base level of understanding you have the real world and the internet. the internet being a series of interconnected smaller worlds or relaities. facebook twitter google are all examples of hubs where we connect or access this world however if the communication rate where to be upgraded to a computer level then our integration would be instantaneous and it would be like we could directly access this dimension. for lack of a better term it would be like jacking into the matrix. on which level our consciousness in one form or another could indefinitely exist on this level.

Now know it or not like it or not Elon musk just described heaven using scientific terms.

The question then becomes... how is it the ancients even though a rudimentary dialect are able to describe the displacement of consciousness and storage unless we are already in a similar type dimension where our physical lives are separate from our consciousness?

I can understand why a man who is always thinking is frightening for you.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 28, 2019 at 2:08 pm)Drich Wrote: Remember when I said the brain is nothing more than a Transmitter/receiver? looks like elon Musk is proving me right you old coot.
Are you referring to the concept of "soul"?

Why do you think a guy smoking weed and talking to another dude on YT is proof/evidence of anything (other than your bias and gullibility o.c.)? Huh
Please tell me you have something better than that. Hehe
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
(May 28, 2019 at 2:19 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(May 28, 2019 at 12:59 pm)Drich Wrote:

I can understand why a man who is always thinking is frightening for you.

Boru

The only thing I fear about someone always thinking is that it is extremely hard to regulate and near impossible to shut off. which means little to no sleep all the time.and what little sleep you get is often corrupted with dreams of the project, meaning you are still working on the thing you are working on even when sleeping. sometimes you wake up more tired than when you went to bed after working all night.
(May 28, 2019 at 2:38 pm)Drich Wrote:
(May 28, 2019 at 2:19 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I can understand why a man who is always thinking is frightening for you.

Boru

The only thing I fear about someone always thinking is that it is extremely hard to regulate and near impossible to shut off. which means little to no sleep all the time.and what little sleep you get is often corrupted with dreams of the project, meaning you are still working on the thing you are working on even when sleeping. sometimes you wake up more tired than when you went to bed after working all night.

Isaac Newton would often wake up in the morning and sit on the edge of his bed for hours, immobilized by the sudden rush of thoughts.

Are you afraid of Isaac Newton?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Some people on this forum can use all the help they can get. Natural intelligence isn't one of their strong qualities. [Image: Gagged.png]

The only thing Musk knows is selling snake oil.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(May 28, 2019 at 2:08 pm)Drich Wrote:
Hehe 

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/ar...th-ai.html

Because the man who can develop/owns a company who only job is to connect the human brain to a computer, which happenes to be on the brink of tying the human brain directly to an AI and communicate with it on a computer speed level know nothing about AI's..

I have a PhD and career history in AI, pre- and post- doctoral. I am a published researcher in peer-reviewed conferences and journals.

Elon Musk is a business man.

He knows fuck all about AI.