Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 7:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doesn't Quantam Mechanics Prove God?
Doesn't Quantam Mechanics Prove God?
The mere act of us observing protons causes them to change, there is no scientific fact for why this happens, it's pretty magical and unknown. Does this not prove God?
RE: Doesn't Quantam Mechanics Prove God?
(June 25, 2019 at 5:31 pm)quantumleap Wrote: The mere act of us observing protons causes them to change, there is no scientific fact for why this happens, it's pretty magical and unknown. Does this not prove God?

Something is rotten in the Quantum Leap Project. Methinks somebody jammed their smelly, smelly socks into the accelerator.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(June 25, 2019 at 5:31 pm)quantumleap Wrote: The mere act of us observing protons causes them to change, there is no scientific fact for why this happens, it's pretty magical and unknown. Does this not prove God?

Things we don't know don't prove God.  Things we don't yet understand are not 'magical'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
What are socks?

I mean yeah I'm wearing some but lol

LadyForCamus I love you
[Image: icon_quote.jpg]Nomad:
Something is rotten in the Quantum Leap Project. Methinks somebody jammed their smelly, smelly socks into the accelerator.

Either that or Dr. Beckett has leaped into Jimmy again.[Image: Gagged.png]
I 'uppose this is alluding to Young's double-slit experiment?
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
How has this entity existed this long?  Fuck Off
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
No. Mathematical descriptions of what we observe don't prove deities of any stripe. And it would be really nice if the ban hammer actually came out of the screen of the offending party's monitor and smashed some fingers.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Omg, you again?  Who dropped you on your head as a child?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
He was banned. Why?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Orbital mechanics onlinebiker 7 461 December 1, 2020 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  If water is tasteless and air is tasteless then why doesn't air taste like water? ErGingerbreadMandude 24 4564 January 27, 2017 at 11:57 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Why Doesn't Earth Orbit alpha Centauri? Rhondazvous 74 9339 September 15, 2016 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Reality doesn't exist until we observe it. dyresand 36 5764 July 15, 2015 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Why god doesn't exist dyresand 2 1063 May 15, 2015 at 2:18 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Quantum Mechanics - Pilot Waves davidMC1982 4 1557 July 1, 2014 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: davidMC1982
  Quantum Mechanics and causation Freedom of thought 2 843 May 13, 2014 at 10:28 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  The Essential Quantum Mechanics little_monkey 2 996 February 21, 2014 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: little_monkey
Video The Origin of Quantum Mechanics Cyberman 0 1029 October 15, 2012 at 1:03 am
Last Post: Cyberman
Information Young-Earth-Creationism - can you prove it's not true? cookies4life 56 24225 November 5, 2010 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Tiberius