Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question beyond belief
A question beyond belief
Hello there everyone. My name is Larry Watson. I am a psychologist and went to school at UNT. I have noticed that today's young people do not use math or reason when they should. Let me give you an example, now stay with me now. I'm 38 years old but in my younger days I ran with a wild intellectual but party type crowd. Now lots of us didn't have much money back then and would need gas from time to time. Usually we only had about 5 dollars of money after we spent most of our money on pot and coors light. Now none of my friends, who are now doctors and businessmen ever asked about cheaper gas stations. My parents who are way old, they always did this. Now maybe if your rich it don't matter, however, if you're putting in 5 worth of gas and gas is whatever it is, you can get like an extra half gallon of gas. My questions is this, were they lazy, stupid, not thinking? And is this just what happened to the counter culture after the 60s? Oh and btw I'm not here to judge, just asking shit.
RE: A question beyond belief
Oh, what fresh hell is this...

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
38 huh? And educated?

And sounds like a 12 year old troll. How special.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(June 27, 2019 at 2:45 pm)jerrrmandible Wrote: Hello there everyone. My name is Larry Watson. I am a psychologist and went to school at UNT. I have noticed that today's young people do not use math or reason when they should. Let me give you an example, now stay with me now. I'm 38 years old but in my younger days I ran with a wild intellectual but party type crowd. Now lots of us didn't have much money back then and would need gas from time to time. Usually we only had about 5 dollars of money after we spent most of our money on pot and coors light. Now none of my friends, who are now doctors and businessmen ever asked about cheaper gas stations. My parents who are way old, they always did this. Now maybe if your rich it don't matter, however, if you're putting in 5 worth of gas and gas is whatever it is, you can get like an extra half gallon of gas. My questions is this, were they lazy, stupid, not thinking? And is this just what happened to the counter culture after the 60s? Oh and btw I'm not here to judge, just asking shit.

Cool story bro.
(June 27, 2019 at 2:45 pm)jerrrmandible Wrote: Hello there everyone. My name is Larry Watson. I am a psychologist and went to school at UNT. I have noticed that today's young people do not use math or reason when they should. Let me give you an example, now stay with me now. I'm 38 years old but in my younger days I ran with a wild intellectual but party type crowd. Now lots of us didn't have much money back then and would need gas from time to time. Usually we only had about 5 dollars of money after we spent most of our money on pot and coors light. Now none of my friends, who are now doctors and businessmen ever asked about cheaper gas stations. My parents who are way old, they always did this. Now maybe if your rich it don't matter, however, if you're putting in 5 worth of gas and gas is whatever it is, you can get like an extra half gallon of gas. My questions is this, were they lazy, stupid, not thinking? And is this just what happened to the counter culture after the 60s? Oh and btw I'm not here to judge, just asking shit.

Hello! Big Grin

So... if you're 38....?

Why are you referencing the 60's?

Your 'Teenage' years are decades after that. More like the 80's and the fuel and job crisis ridden times they were.

Cheers any way.

Not at work.
Dude, for REAL?!
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
Where are you from, jerrrmandible?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

I'm from Dallas, TX. do you gas shop? And I only mentioned the 60s and counter culture to sound like a big shot as Homer Simpson once said. You are really a foxxy lady, Lady! LOL Smile
You are so, so painfully predictable. So what’s the deal with you? You live in your mom’s basement or...? I mean, you must have created ten different email accounts by now. I mean...all that time and effort, for what? Are you butt-hurt that people don’t believe in your god? You better answer quick, before the ban hammer comes!

[Image: icon_quote.jpg]arewethereyet:
38 huh? And educated?

And sounds like a 12 year old troll. How special.

38 Special?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Explain This #1: Belief vs. Knowledge GrandizerII 23 3160 January 16, 2018 at 6:55 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Peanut Gallery Thread for Explain This #1: Belief vs. Knowledge GrandizerII 22 3690 January 12, 2018 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Belief in magic purplepurpose 37 5524 November 29, 2017 at 4:33 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  I have a homosexual question and incest question? KingKong 39 8696 July 6, 2014 at 1:38 am
Last Post: Amalynne0
  State your religious belief, and your OS of choice Vegamo 10 2343 January 14, 2014 at 10:32 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  "Answer the Question with a Question" Game Rayaan 101 17263 August 14, 2012 at 6:28 am
Last Post: Rayaan
  Favorite characters, and beyond.... Angrboda 66 29707 July 6, 2012 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  Opinion vs Belief VoiceOfReason 16 4960 June 15, 2010 at 8:10 am
Last Post: Pippy