Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Houseplants
Houseplants
I've killed them all. I don't think plants like being indoors, please give me the name of a plant that likes being indoors. I had a cactus. It's dead.
RE: Houseplants
(July 6, 2019 at 5:19 pm)Cod Wrote: I've killed them all. I don't think plants like being indoors, please give me the name of a plant that likes being indoors. I had a cactus. It's dead.

We could have a contest.  I am a master plant killer too.  I finally gave up when the last one drooped over the side of the pot and wheezed it's last.

People who have told me that 'I can't kill one of those' have never seen my plant killing skills in action.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(July 6, 2019 at 5:26 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(July 6, 2019 at 5:19 pm)Cod Wrote: I've killed them all. I don't think plants like being indoors, please give me the name of a plant that likes being indoors. I had a cactus. It's dead.

We could have a contest.  I am a master plant killer too.  I finally gave up when the last one drooped over the side of the pot and wheezed it's last.

People who have told me that 'I can't kill one of those' have never seen my plant killing skills in action.

I'm always up for a contest!

Cod V Arewethereyet…

We both buy a houseplant suggested by a member. We post pictures of the houseplant. The one who manages to keep the houseplant alive the longest gets another houseplant.

I haven't thought this through.
[Image: spider-plant_t50-ss.jpg?itok=N7ExeEBY]

Spider plant.  People who know more about this sort of thing than I do swear that these are virtually idiot-proof.  Very forgiving if you neglect them for a bit, they do well in pots or on hangers, and aren't picky about sunlight.

Good luck.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 6, 2019 at 5:49 pm)Cod Wrote:
(July 6, 2019 at 5:26 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: We could have a contest.  I am a master plant killer too.  I finally gave up when the last one drooped over the side of the pot and wheezed it's last.

I'm always up for a contest!

Cod V Arewethereyet…

We both buy a houseplant suggested by a member.  We post pictures of the houseplant. The one who manages to keep the houseplant alive the longest gets another houseplant.

I haven't thought this through.
Yeah...maybe back to the drawing board on that plan.   Hehe 

I don't think I can take the pressure.

(July 6, 2019 at 5:51 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: [Image: spider-plant_t50-ss.jpg?itok=N7ExeEBY]

Spider plant.  People who know more about this sort of thing than I do swear that these are virtually idiot-proof.  Very forgiving if you neglect them for a bit, they do well in pots or on hangers, and aren't picky about sunlight.

Good luck.

Boru
Pretty sure this idiot is looking at a photo of a plant I have been able to kill in the past.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(July 6, 2019 at 5:56 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Pretty sure this idiot is looking at a photo of a plant I have been able to kill in the past.

I don't think I've killed one of them. Yet.
[Image: 61Q69PrXVxL._SL1000_.jpg]
[Image: DelightfulDieffenbachia]
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(July 6, 2019 at 6:07 pm)wyzas Wrote: [Image: 61Q69PrXVxL._SL1000_.jpg]
[Image: DelightfulDieffenbachia]

Yeah that's what they look like at first.
You could just buy plants that are suppose to die.

(or at least that's what you tell yourself)
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
A houseplant would be great.

How long a growing season do you need for a 3 bedroom split level?

Big Grin