Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodbye to one of TTA's finest - Girlyman has left the building
Goodbye to one of TTA's finest - Girlyman has left the building
I received an email this evening letting me know that Girlyman lost his battle with cancer today.  I got the news of his illness around the time TTA closed down.  Girly was a huge part of that forum and a wonderful person.  He was smart, funny, caring, and a joy to have around.  

Those of you who came here from TTA and those who had a foot in each forum were familiar with him.

I have missed him since losing the nearly daily contact on TTA and am sad that he is gone.  He was one of a kind.

I hope his family finds comfort during this time and in the days to come.

Rest in Peace GirlyBob…

Anjele
Girly's Other Wife

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

RE: Goodbye to one of TTA's finest - Girlyman
(July 17, 2019 at 11:25 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I received an email this evening letting me know that Girlyman lost his battle with cancer today.  I got the news of his illness around the time TTA closed down.  Girly was a huge part of that forum and a wonderful person.  He was smart, funny, caring, and a joy to have around.  

Those of you who came here from TTA and those who had a foot in each forum were familiar with him.

I have missed him since losing the nearly daily contact on TTA and am sad that he is gone.  He was one of a kind.

Rest in Peace GirlyBob…

Anjele
Girly's Other Wife

Agree with all you say. I've been away from TTA and just stumbled over here since I noticed their forums were down. Sorry to hear the news.
RE: Goodbye to one of TTA's finest - Girlyman has left the building
(July 17, 2019 at 11:25 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I received an email this evening letting me know that Girlyman lost his battle with cancer today.  I got the news of his illness around the time TTA closed down.  Girly was a huge part of that forum and a wonderful person.  He was smart, funny, caring, and a joy to have around.  

Rest in Peace GirlyBob…

Anjele
Girly's Other Wife

I didn’t know him and only saw his posts when I lurked at TTA.

My condolences to his friends and family.
Dying to live, living to die.
At work.

Sad
I butted heads with him frequently - but he got me to laugh many times...

He got points from me for that.
Very sad Sad
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

I never encountered him that I recall, but I know well how hard it is to lose forum friends. I’m sorry for your loss.
How sad Sad He seemed like a good chap.

RIP
Illegitimi non carborundum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No good men left Foxaèr 26 2896 May 20, 2019 at 3:19 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  New House On The Left.. "A New Hope" Brian37 151 19206 June 25, 2018 at 9:04 pm
Last Post: Fireball