Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 8:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what Does it Meam to be InLove?
what Does it Meam to be InLove?
Two guys have told me they loved me but weren’t in love with me. Why is it necessary to be in love? What does being in love do for a relationship? Even though these guys claimed they weren’t in love with me, I couldn’t see what was missing in the relationships I had with them.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: what Does it Meam to be InLove?
Don't know, but perhaps it means that people today are too spoiled and that dating industry is over complicating people's relationships and expectations, that they don't even know what to think.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
I love my friends. I’m not in love, with my friends. In my case, it was just a way of saying “let’s be friends”.

Don’t know about your dudes.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
'Love' is one way.  'In love' is reciprocal.  I can love someone even if the very thought of me makes them want to vom.  I can't be 'in love' with someone who doesn't feel the same way about me.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Love= dinner, a movie and hanging out with someone.

In love = there's a blowjob component.

Cool
(August 29, 2019 at 10:14 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Love= dinner, a movie and hanging out with someone.

In love = there's a blowjob component.

Cool

I would have guessed the opposite. Love=sexual attraction to another person, In Love=was willing to put up with the other person for the other 23 hours, 45 minutes of the day without the promise of sex.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Using the idea that love is a state where someone else’s happiness means more than your own, being in love would be the state of actively seeking out their happiness. Feeling compelled, rather than concerned.

- the difference in intensity between

“If I could do anything for this person I’ll do it”

and

“I’m going to devote a significant amount of my ability and resources to finding or manufacturing happiness for this person”

- or maybe the difference between being where you are, and coming to you wherever you are.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
From my experience, it seems like "in love with someone" really is just a nicer way of saying "bloody obsessed about that someone"

Loving someone, on the other hand, sounds more genuine.

That said, regarding the OP, I can't say. I can only tell you how I see these terms.
"Like" can survive longer than "love".
(August 29, 2019 at 9:26 am)Rhondazvous Wrote: Two guys have told me they loved me but weren’t in love with me. Why is it necessary to be in love? What does being in love do for a relationship? Even though these guys claimed they weren’t in love with me, I couldn’t see what was missing in the relationships I had with them.

I suppose its intensity.

Love can be warm and comforting being in love is passion, excitement and bad decisions.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Does/Does Not Offend You? BrianSoddingBoru4 51 6364 December 22, 2016 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: brewer