Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump admits to pressuring Ukraine for kompromat
Trump admits to pressuring Ukraine for kompromat
Well, that was easy.

Quote:By the end of last week, rumors were swirling about what President Donald Trump might or might not have done to elicit a whistle-blower complaint about his conversations with a foreign leader. A rough outline had emerged: Trump had pressured Ukraine’s president to investigate business dealings of the Democratic presidential candidate and former Vice President Joe Biden’s son. The president was refusing to answer questions.

And then on Sunday, Trump helpfully put an end to the speculation: Of course he did it.

“The conversation I had was largely congratulatory. It was largely corruption—all of the corruption taking place. It was largely the fact that we don’t want our people, like Vice President Biden and his son, creating to [sic] the corruption already in the Ukraine,” Trump said. (Neither Ukraine nor Trump has produced any evidence to support that claim about the Bidens.) Trump once again implicitly admitted pressuring Ukraine during remarks at the United Nations Monday.

The revelation doesn’t come as a surprise, because, as I wrote on Friday, Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani had already copped to pressuring Ukraine to investigate the Bidens. But it is an astonishing admission, with the president saying he used his power to enlist a foreign government to help him win reelection. This is the stuff of impeachment.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archiv...en/598609/

Naturally, this is unlikely to get the Republicans on board with impeachment, especially since the Republicans are so obsessed with retaining power that they don't give a shit about any potential liabilities that could destroy them in the long run.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
RE: Trump admits to pressuring Ukraine for kompromat
That is treason to any country whose citizens have any real sense of collective pride in their own country,

Which is why wavers of red white and blue are eager to make ensure he remains El Presidente of the world's greatest banana republic for 4 more years.

This is America now.

The little shit will be voted out in 14 months and gone in 16 months, along with his cadre of adminisratively appointed Ringwraiths.
And the Republicans won’t learn shit.

(September 23, 2019 at 10:03 pm)sdelsolray Wrote: The little shit will be voted out in 14 months and gone in 16 months, along with his cadre of adminisratively appointed Ringwraiths.

Unfortunately you don’t take into account the idiocy of the right wing voters.

Evidence is the fact that he was elected in the first place.
Dying to live, living to die.
(September 23, 2019 at 10:09 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(September 23, 2019 at 10:03 pm)sdelsolray Wrote: The little shit will be voted out in 14 months and gone in 16 months, along with his cadre of adminisratively appointed Ringwraiths.

...even with less popular votes. I signed the petition to disband the Electoral College, but that's not getting a lot of traction. It astonishes me to hear people talking about what a great guy the chump is. My only hope it that the Dems field a candidate who can weather the shit-storm of disinformation and lies that will levied by the Reps.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(September 23, 2019 at 10:07 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: And the Republicans won’t learn shit.

I suspect many of not most Christians of late 20th or early 21st century wouldn’t have become Christians if they by temperament tended to profit from learning shit

(September 23, 2019 at 10:09 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:

Hey, where ignorance is bliss, ‘tis folly to be wise.

There are few time and places on earth where the ignorant can temporarily be more blissful than now in the great US of A.    But who can we blame?  For a long time we’ve sold ourselves as the place where one need not be wise to be blissful.   We just lived up to our own billing now.   The bill will come due, but why would the unwise suddenly be wise and care?
This administration has really strengthened my Atheism.

No, not because Evangelicals are morally bankrupt people supporting a morally bankrupt person -- I knew that before Trump.
Not because a loving god wouldn't let Trump be President, either.

But because if in this modern age with electronics that people can be so fooled by one man -- and believe any of his lies, despite mass evidence to the contrary, what hope could a early first century individual have?
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
Did believing humanity needs saving via “faith” in a “savior” for a “crime” their “savior” allowed but of which they themselves had no possible part whatsoever leave any room for moral bankruptcy to be even more complete?

More seriously, regardless of how trump leaves office, he vastly open the eyes and expanded the horizon of people at all levels of governance and politics of this countries to the gains that can be realized through abuse of power, overt contempt for even the appearance of observing the law, unabashed divisiveness,  and total disregard for any notion of fiduciary duty, long term benefit and collective good.   He showed 80 years after the new deal,  those interested in the good for the majority will not act as decisively to thwart those who are interested in stealing from the majority as thieves will act to increase their loot, so those who will steal from all to give himself will win out over those will seeks to leave some for all.   Fundamentally he made it clear that even the last basis for the notion that collectively, the influence of the US upon the world is on the whole virtuous no longer exists.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  China and Ukraine Interaktive 43 2711 October 11, 2022 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Bill Clinton and Ukraine Interaktive 4 342 August 5, 2022 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Kuchma, the president of Ukraine Interaktive 5 858 June 10, 2022 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Interaktive
  Why NATO doesn't give to Ukraine plan of membership? Interaktive 39 1461 April 24, 2022 at 8:48 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  Cheney challenger admits to statutory rape: Republicans don't care Rev. Rye 39 1930 May 28, 2021 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 983 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Ukraine will become a developed country Interaktive 17 724 August 10, 2020 at 5:18 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Ukraine/Crimea/Russia issue Mystic 23 5476 April 5, 2019 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Smaug
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36691 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Ukraine is one of the poorest countries in the world Interaktive 10 3075 July 18, 2017 at 5:20 am
Last Post: chimp3