Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We are ruled by morons
We are ruled by morons
We are ruled by morons

Whoever knows what is better than elective democracy?
RE: We are ruled by morons
Well, Ms. Ardern seems pretty bright.

Not sure what you mean by 'better than an elective democracy'.  No governmental system is inherently better than any other - the difference is in how they are applied.  For instance, I can easily imagine a dictatorship that is more beneficent than a republic.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 12, 2019 at 1:32 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Well, Ms. Ardern seems pretty bright.

Not sure what you mean by 'better than an elective democracy'.  No governmental system is inherently better than any other - the difference is in how they are applied.  For instance, I can easily imagine a dictatorship that is more beneficent than a republic.

Boru

with morons who rule what to do?
(October 12, 2019 at 1:35 pm)Interaktive Wrote:
(October 12, 2019 at 1:32 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Well, Ms. Ardern seems pretty bright.

Boru

with morons who rule what to do?

I don't understand that.  What do you mean?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 12, 2019 at 1:39 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(October 12, 2019 at 1:35 pm)Interaktive Wrote: with morons who rule what to do?

I don't understand that.  What do you mean?

Boru

Do you know the position of Trump and Putin about Crimea? Do you watch the TV series about sanctions?
(October 12, 2019 at 1:42 pm)Interaktive Wrote:
(October 12, 2019 at 1:39 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I don't understand that.  What do you mean?

Boru

Do you know the position of Trump and Putin about Crimea? Do you watch the TV series about sanctions?

Yes, I know their positions on Crimea.  Putin wants to keep it and Trump doesn't care about it.  I didn't know there was a TV series about sanctions.

I'm still not sure what you're driving at.  If you're worried about being ruled by morons, I think your best course is to try to not vote for morons.

Boru
(October 12, 2019 at 1:58 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(October 12, 2019 at 1:42 pm)Interaktive Wrote: Do you know the position of Trump and Putin about Crimea? Do you watch the TV series about sanctions?

Yes, I know their positions on Crimea.  Putin wants to keep it and Trump doesn't care about it.  I didn't know there was a TV series about sanctions.

I'm still not sure what you're driving at.  If you're worried about being ruled by morons, I think your best course is to try to not vote for morons.

Boru

Why doesn't Trump care? Ukraine wants to join NATO.

The people choose morons. Most people are morons.
(October 12, 2019 at 2:08 pm)Interaktive Wrote:
(October 12, 2019 at 1:58 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Yes, I know their positions on Crimea.  Putin wants to keep it and Trump doesn't care about it.  I didn't know there was a TV series about sanctions.

Boru

Why doesn't Trump care? Ukraine wants to join NATO.

Trump doesn't care because he's Putin's lapdog.  If the people chose morons, then being ruled by morons is the peoples' fault.

Come to think of it, they can't REALLY be morons, can they? I mean, they're clever enough to get people to vote them in.

Boru
(October 12, 2019 at 2:11 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(October 12, 2019 at 2:08 pm)Interaktive Wrote: Why doesn't Trump care? Ukraine wants to join NATO.

Trump doesn't care because he's Putin's lapdog.  If the people chose morons, then being ruled by morons is the peoples' fault.

Come to think of it, they can't REALLY be morons, can they? I mean, they're clever enough to get people to vote them in.

Boru

Trump and Putin use the stupidity of the people

It doesn’t lead to good
(October 12, 2019 at 2:30 pm)Interaktive Wrote:
(October 12, 2019 at 2:11 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Trump doesn't care because he's Putin's lapdog.  If the people chose morons, then being ruled by morons is the peoples' fault.

Boru

Trump and Putin use the stupidity of the people

It doesn’t lead to good

Ok, so the voters are the morons, right?  And Trump and Putin are smart enough to capitalize on that, right?

You haven't thought this through.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bernie & Hillary "Scorched earth" morons....... Brian37 4 1054 April 3, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  We are just the scapegoat of morons flaws aren't we? Zidneya 11 2320 April 30, 2014 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Zidneya
  Rich Greek morons! Something completely different 15 4466 November 23, 2012 at 11:48 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  DOMA Ruled Unconstitutional popeyespappy 2 1031 October 18, 2012 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Obama ineligible from being president, Georgia court has ruled. little_monkey 21 9504 January 4, 2012 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: TheDarkestOfAngels
  Proposition 8 Ruled Unconstitutional by a Fed. Judge Eilonnwy 40 9134 August 17, 2010 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Eilonnwy