Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Family histories
Family histories
I’ve recently been doing some studies into my family history, and what I’ve discovered is rather amazing.

I’m actually thinking of writing a book tracing my lineage back to my first ancestor to arrive in Australia.

A short synopsis:

My ancestor, Kinda Kinky, made his living liberating sheep in the Highlands of Scotland, and hunting wild haggis.

One day, he was ambushed by English slavers (“bailiffs”) and forcibly placed on a ship to the other side of the world, arriving in 1814.

There he was inhumanely shackled and forced into hard labour, being locked in a crowded cell every night with a dozen other “convicts”.

He eventually escaped, making his living as an “outlaw” robbing from the poor and keeping it all himself.

Eventually he had enough money to buy a pardon and settled down to a life as a drunk which, according to family lore, he was very successful at.

TO be continued.

Do you have any interesting family stories?

Mine, by the way, is complete and utter bullshit.
Dying to live, living to die.
RE: Family histories
I'm the lazy, spoilt and pacifist 301st Spartan history won't talk about.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(October 22, 2019 at 1:37 am)ignoramus Wrote: I'm the lazy, spoilt and pacifist 301st Spartan history won't talk about.

Ludicrus?
(October 22, 2019 at 1:37 am)ignoramus Wrote: I'm the lazy, spoilt and pacifist 301st Spartan history won't talk about.

You put the spa in the spartan.
I honestly don't know all that much about my family history.  One bit that stands out is how my parents were brutally murdered on their way home from the theatre.  The only good that came out of it was that I inherited a controlling interest in Wayne Enterprises, enabling me to spend my life as a masked crime fighter.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I had such dejavu at the end of that first sentence.

I am related to Robert the Bruce.
Just like every other Scot I've ever met. :-)

(October 22, 2019 at 6:34 am)Little lunch Wrote: I had such dejavu at the end of that first sentence.

I am related to Robert the Bruce.
Just like every other Scot I've ever met. :-)

Your welcome.

All I actually know about my family is that a distant cousin was transported to Tasmania, a couple of granduncles were very successful poteen men, and (allegedly) a few cousins on both side of the family were involved in the Easter Rising.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
As a youth we were told not to talk about our carney past.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
My family history dead-ends on Ellis Island before WWI.
(October 22, 2019 at 7:01 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: My family history dead-ends on Ellis Island before WWI.

Nothing after that?

Weird!

Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Family Guy & Lovable cartoons.... Brian37 7 551 June 11, 2022 at 7:17 am
Last Post: Brian37
  "Did I post this?" A family matter. Brian37 13 1215 March 26, 2020 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Star Wars spoof from Family Guy.... Brian37 2 575 April 13, 2017 at 4:47 am
Last Post: Isis
  Carl Sagan on Family Guy LadyForCamus 0 581 March 21, 2016 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Ted Cruz Awkwardly Coaches Family Through Campaign Ad Heat 6 1279 December 9, 2015 at 11:22 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Fearful of leaving your family's religion - read this RedRod 3 968 August 28, 2015 at 10:05 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Hilarious Family Super Devil clip!... dave4shmups 1 1664 October 11, 2010 at 9:50 am
Last Post: IceSage