Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patrol......
Patrol......
For fans of the original Magnum PI show, when Higgins was not calling the dobermans "Zeus and Apollo" by name individually, what did he call them as a pair?
RE: Patrol......
Hmm I don't know. But what was the video game that Magnum once played on the computer they had in the house?

I also remember seeing Columbo in one episode and thought it was going to be them two solving the case but it was just a gimmick.

[Image: columboinmagnum.png]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(January 7, 2020 at 2:37 pm)Brian37 Wrote: For fans of the original Magnum PI show, when Higgins was not calling the dobermans "Zeus and Apollo" by name individually, what did he call them as a pair?

Not a fan, but 'The Lads'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 7, 2020 at 3:31 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Hmm I don't know. But what was the video game that Magnum once played on the computer they had in the house?

I also remember seeing Columbo in one episode and thought it was going to be them two solving the case but it was just a gimmick.

The Atari VCS was the big home system - so I would guess Asteroids or Pac Man...
(January 7, 2020 at 3:31 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Hmm I don't know. But what was the video game that Magnum once played on the computer they had in the house?

Considering how old that show was, I'd have to guess something like Pong or Space Invaders.

Ok guys, name me the club Rick was manager of.

Ok so we have questions #1

What club did Rick run as a manager?

And Question number #2

What was the name of Magnum's long lost wife?
Jeroboam.
Quote:Ok so we have questions #1

And Question number #2

#1 is a trick question - it has three correct answers:

-Rick's Café Américain

-The Snow Place

-King Kamehameha Club

#2:  Michelle Hue

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
What was the name of the "implied" Hawaiian mobster, who was actually a Howley , that Rick often consulted for info?

(January 7, 2020 at 5:48 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
Quote:Ok so we have questions #1

And Question number #2

#1 is a trick question - it has three correct answers:

-Rick's Café Américain

-The Snow Place

-King Kamehameha Club

Boru

Actually the only REAL club he worked at was the King Kamehameha Club. If memory serves me correctly the other two were script fantasies in which he wanted to own his own business. 

And yes Michelle was Magnum's wife, but she was married to a Vietnam soldier prior to thinking he'd gotten killed. She married Thomas thinking her prior husband was dead, but upon the fall of Siagon they got separated, during one of the last bombardments and both thought the other was dead.  I just watched the episode where Magnum discovered Michelle was still alive. It didn't think of it back then, but it seems the script mimics the plot of Casablanca, because Michelle is helping her Vietnam husband resist the Communists.
(January 7, 2020 at 5:51 pm)Brian37 Wrote: What was the name of the "implied" Hawaiian mobster, who was actually a Howley , that Rick often consulted for info?

(January 7, 2020 at 5:48 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: #1 is a trick question - it has three correct answers:

-Rick's Café Américain

-The Snow Place

-King Kamehameha Club

Boru

Actually the only REAL club he worked at was the King Kamehameha Club. If memory serves me correctly the other two were script fantasies in which he wanted to own his own business. 

And yes Michelle was Magnum's wife, but she was married to a Vietnam soldier prior to thinking he'd gotten killed. She married Thomas thinking her prior husband was dead, but upon the fall of Siagon they got separated, during one of the last bombardments and both thought the other was dead.  I just watched the episode where Magnum discovered Michelle was still alive. It didn't think of it back then, but it seems the script mimics the plot of Casablanca, because Michelle is helping her Vietnam husband resist the Communists.

Memory does not serve you correctly.  The other two clubs (technically, one club, two names) existed in the pilot, they weren’t ‘script fantasies’.  

Boru
(January 7, 2020 at 6:39 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(January 7, 2020 at 5:51 pm)Brian37 Wrote: What was the name of the "implied" Hawaiian mobster, who was actually a Howley , that Rick often consulted for info?

Memory does not serve you correctly.  The other two clubs (technically, one club, two names) existed in the pilot, they weren’t ‘script fantasies’.  

Boru

Ok. But I swear there was an episode where Rick tried to convince the gang to invest in his own venture of a restaurante/bar/cub.

The point of my original question was to get you to answerer the King Kamehameha Club.

Ok fine, you got me.

But what was the "nickname" of the implied mafia boss Rick frequently consulted for info?

What other action show did another recurring military character was the same actor for both shows? The actor played a part time character, different military ranks but played a military character both shows.