Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] Why can't I subscribe to threads?
Information 
Why can't I subscribe to threads?
I'm trying to subscribe to certain threads on Atheist Forums, but I can't. Because I keep getting this message: Forum & Thread Subscriptions have been disabled. Why can't I subscribe to threads on Atheist Forums?
RE: Why can't I subscribe to threads?
(February 25, 2020 at 1:41 pm)CaenLeranzo Wrote: I'm trying to subscribe to certain threads on Atheist Forums, but I can't. Because I keep getting this message: Forum & Thread Subscriptions have been disabled. Why can't I subscribe to threads on Atheist Forums?

You can’t subscribe to threads because - and I quote - ‘Forum & Thread Subscriptions have been disabled.’ 

See, the way it works is that when a feature has been disabled, that feature is no longer available for use. 

I hope this helps.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Lol@tautologies. 😛
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(February 25, 2020 at 3:09 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: Lol@tautologies. 😛

I should have thought it was obvious...I mean, the answer is right there in the message.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 25, 2020 at 1:50 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(February 25, 2020 at 1:41 pm)CaenLeranzo Wrote: I'm trying to subscribe to certain threads on Atheist Forums, but I can't. Because I keep getting this message: Forum & Thread Subscriptions have been disabled. Why can't I subscribe to threads on Atheist Forums?

You can’t subscribe to threads because - and I quote - ‘Forum & Thread Subscriptions have been disabled.’ 

See, the way it works is that when a feature has been disabled, that feature is no longer available for use. 

I hope this helps.

Boru
Why is the feature disabled?
At work.

I would like to think the forum is more understanding.

Surely the feature is more 'Motivationally challenged' rather than 'Disabled' ?
(February 25, 2020 at 4:22 pm)CaenLeranzo Wrote:
(February 25, 2020 at 1:50 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: You can’t subscribe to threads because - and I quote - ‘Forum & Thread Subscriptions have been disabled.’ 

I hope this helps.

Boru
Why is the feature disabled?

Oh, that. Haven’t the foggiest. Prolly an Admin thing.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion: Install Soma Tablet Depositories On All Threads Violet 17 2429 May 3, 2020 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Civil/ safe option for threads. Mystic 2 1079 November 19, 2018 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  I know I'm not supposed to revive really old threads, so... Martian Mermaid 23 4837 November 22, 2017 at 9:45 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Alternative to "click bait" rule: block threads robvalue 40 5721 February 6, 2017 at 1:38 am
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Mafia game threads showing in "Today's Posts" lists Ravenshire 18 6571 February 5, 2017 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Missing drafts (threads, not PMs) Aroura 13 2053 December 2, 2016 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Aroura
  Necroing of threads by newbies Joods 11 1911 July 4, 2016 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Suggestion/question: breadcrumb nav at the bottom of threads? KevinM1 17 2993 November 10, 2015 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Starting Threads with Links rexbeccarox 17 3556 October 6, 2015 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  How to unsubscribe to threads? MissR 1 1228 December 23, 2014 at 1:39 am
Last Post: Elskidor