Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why can't I start a new thread?
Why can't I start a new thread?
I tried to start a new thread in the 'Atheism' forum, but when I'm trying to post it I'm getting the message:

"Atheist Forums: The specified thread does not exist."

Why is that? What is the problem?
Pray to the Lord.
RE: Why can't I start a new thread?
My guess is you have run into rule 14.

Quote:New members must make 30 posts and be a member for 30 days before they are allowed to post external content, such as links, images, or videos.

Note: An exception to the 30/30 requirements is when external content is used within a discussion or with the intention of discussion. For example, a member who has not yet met the 30/30 requirements is allowed to post external content if they are using it as evidence in a discussion, or if it is relevant to the ongoing discussion.

But maybe not...
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
It is unfair.

Just wanted to ask a question and I need to add some links to it.

If this is the reason, then why don't they bother to show me a clear message about that? Why do you let me Guess why I couldn't post my message? Why am I getting a stupid error message which I can't understand instead of explaining?
Pray to the Lord.
Have you tried the introduction forum? It's for introducing yourself.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
(January 18, 2020 at 11:15 am)Sal Wrote: Have you tried the introduction forum? It's for introducing yourself.

What for? I just wanted to ask a question...
Pray to the Lord.
Well, introduce yourself and then ask, perhaps?
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
(January 18, 2020 at 11:33 am)Sal Wrote: Well, introduce yourself and then ask, perhaps?

But why? I just wanted to ask a question, I didn't came here to make new friends.
Pray to the Lord.
(January 18, 2020 at 11:52 am)Daniel Wilson Wrote:
(January 18, 2020 at 11:33 am)Sal Wrote: Well, introduce yourself and then ask, perhaps?

But why? I just wanted to ask a question, I didn't came here to make new friends.

Let's wait what an admin/mod has to say. I was a mod once and usually when violating the 30/30 rule just the links are removed and you get a warning. mabe a glitch, I don't know these things anymore.

ETA, mods are green, admins are red. You might have triggered the auto anti spam engine, but surely you can ask a question without the need of links.
(January 18, 2020 at 12:07 pm)LastPoet Wrote:
(January 18, 2020 at 11:52 am)Daniel Wilson Wrote: But why? I just wanted to ask a question, I didn't came here to make new friends.

Let's wait what an admin/mod has to say. I was a mod once and usually when violating the 30/30 rule just the links are removed and you get a warning. mabe a glitch, I don't know these things anymore.

Thanks.
Pray to the Lord.
Here's what happened:  The number of links in your posts triggered a sort of spam detector, which puts the post into limbo until staff have had a chance to act on it.

I removed all of the links from both of your identical posts and marked them as 'not spam'.

Read the Forum Rules before this happens again.  I'm sorry you feel the rules are unfair, but we all play by them.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is the “what you know today that you didn’t know yesterday” thread closed? Anomalocaris 2 564 August 9, 2023 at 9:46 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Is there a quick way to view new posts in an existing thread? fromdownunder 6 1391 September 18, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Can I Embed Videos YouTube That Start At A Certain Point Here On AF? Edwardo Piet 2 883 September 4, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Can anyone remind me how to follow a thread so that I get reminders for new posts? Whateverist 9 2148 November 21, 2016 at 10:18 am
Last Post: robvalue
  I Can't See My New Post InquiringMind 4 1636 September 20, 2016 at 1:37 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Can't post in Mafia thread Aroura 3 1464 April 23, 2015 at 3:30 pm
Last Post: Aroura
  The 'I Have a New Name' thread Losty 259 33045 March 27, 2015 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Is there a way I can have a thread deleted? Mudhammam 2 1446 February 24, 2014 at 3:48 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  The [New Thread] link Eilonnwy 11 4388 August 22, 2010 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: Tiberius