Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Case for Snow White’s resurrection
Case for Snow White’s resurrection
Why would dwarfs lie?
There are many sources for Snow White’s resurrection. One of the most famous ones is Disney’s movie but before that, there was a tale written down by brothers Grimm who heard it from many sources.
Also, when Snow White died, dwarfs put her in an expensive coffin made of glass and gold and it was very sad. Dwarfs were rich and therefore had no reason to lie that Snow White resurrected, I mean they didn’t need money, fame or personal gain because they already worked in a gold mine (or in diamond mine according to Disney) and also by making this expensive coffin they clearly expected Snow White to be in it forever and not just a few days so if they were pulling the prank they would have made a cheap coffin.

And remember they are all valid sources for Snow White’s resurrection because Bart D. Ehrman says that those later movies are also evidence because they were made by people who have heard about Snow White. Quite apart from that Disney puts a spin on Snow White’s resurrection, the fact that matters for us in this context is that writers too provide independent witness to Snow White’s tradition of her resurrection. Further movies also contain numerous references to the life of the historical Snow White.

Interestingly Disney’s version features animals as Snow White’s close friends and in Grimm’s version animals appear only when she dies to cry, while some other versions like “Mirror Mirror” and “Snow White and the Huntsman” which means that Disney’s version and Grimm’s version used the same source that we will call Q (from German word Quelle meaning source) in which animals are her friends.

Geographical setting. Was Snow White Russian?

If we go with Grimm’s story it can be all over Europe Finland, Sweden, Bulgaria, Romania where gold mines can be found or were located in the past.

Interestingly if we go with clues from Disney, Snow White lived in Russia, more closely in a forest around the city of Arkhangelsk because that seems the only location in Europe where there are diamond mines. So why would Disney put Snow White in Russia? Of course, that’s why it is one of the proofs that Disney didn’t make it up, but used a Q because it would be too embarrassing to put a Disney movie in, what was then regarded, communist Russia.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Case for Snow White’s resurrection
Snow White had an erection?
(March 9, 2020 at 8:31 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Snow White had an erection?

Snow White as a shemale? That would certainly be a new twist on the story.  Popcorn
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
^
I think I may have seen that movie Dunno
From memory, it also had a happy ending...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(March 9, 2020 at 8:07 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Why would dwarfs lie?
There are many sources for Snow White’s resurrection. One of the most famous ones is Disney’s movie but before that, there was a tale written down by brothers Grimm who heard it from many sources.
Also, when Snow White died, dwarfs put her in an expensive coffin made of glass and gold and it was very sad. Dwarfs were rich and therefore had no reason to lie that Snow White resurrected, I mean they didn’t need money, fame or personal gain because they already worked in a gold mine (or in diamond mine according to Disney) and also by making this expensive coffin they clearly expected Snow White to be in it forever and not just a few days so if they were pulling the prank they would have made a cheap coffin.

And remember they are all valid sources for Snow White’s resurrection because Bart D. Ehrman says that those later movies are also evidence because they were made by people who have heard about Snow White. Quite apart from that Disney puts a spin on Snow White’s resurrection, the fact that matters for us in this context is that writers too provide independent witness to Snow White’s tradition of her resurrection. Further movies also contain numerous references to the life of the historical Snow White.

Interestingly Disney’s version features animals as Snow White’s close friends and in Grimm’s version animals appear only when she dies to cry, while some other versions like “Mirror Mirror” and “Snow White and the Huntsman” which means that Disney’s version and Grimm’s version used the same source that we will call Q (from German word Quelle meaning source) in which animals are her friends.

Geographical setting. Was Snow White Russian?

If we go with Grimm’s story it can be all over Europe Finland, Sweden, Bulgaria, Romania where gold mines can be found or were located in the past.

Interestingly if we go with clues from Disney, Snow White lived in Russia, more closely in a forest around the city of Arkhangelsk because that seems the only location in Europe where there are diamond mines. So why would Disney put Snow White in Russia? Of course, that’s why it is one of the proofs that Disney didn’t make it up, but used a Q because it would be too embarrassing to put a Disney movie in, what was then regarded, communist Russia.

Doood. You have way too much time on your hands. I never even heard of the Huntsman version.  Huh I also personally expect that the princess was really just shacking up with the dwarfs and her being asleep is a cover story. Bet I know what they were really mining. Hehe
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Interesting side note to the story -

Of all the dwarves, only Dopey shaved......

Hehe
(March 9, 2020 at 8:37 pm)Gwaithmir Wrote:
(March 9, 2020 at 8:31 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Snow White had an erection?

Snow White as a shemale? That would certainly be a new twist on the story.  Popcorn

Well, you have to make the story interesting some how. I mean, a virgin minor and seven physically challenged miners, couldn't spin that out into a feature length movie.

(March 9, 2020 at 10:35 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Interesting side note to the story -

Of all the dwarves, only Dopey shaved......

Hehe
A destroyer, a submarine and a heavy gun boat.
(March 9, 2020 at 9:37 pm)ignoramus Wrote: ^

They killed Happy?
Dying to live, living to die.
(March 10, 2020 at 7:26 am)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(March 9, 2020 at 9:37 pm)ignoramus Wrote: ^

They killed Happy?

That would be a very happy termination. Little prick was insufferable.
(March 10, 2020 at 7:33 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(March 10, 2020 at 7:26 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: They killed Happy?

That would be a very happy termination. Little prick was insufferable.

See, if I'd written it they would have killed all the dwarves but Dopey.

Grumpy would have died heroically.

Of course my version has an 8th dwarf: sleazy.
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Get any snow yet? Gawdzilla Sama 27 1550 November 1, 2023 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  That Amateur White Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 9 878 May 9, 2022 at 10:26 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Old white GOP toys...... Brian37 1 268 February 23, 2021 at 10:15 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The Case Against Santa Denialism Aegon 6 496 December 19, 2020 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: A. Secular Human
  Not The White House Correspondence Din Brian37 0 195 April 28, 2019 at 6:58 am
Last Post: Brian37
  America's Top 40 White Nationalist billboard. Brian37 0 252 October 8, 2018 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Does Hammy Make White Girls Blush Easily? Edwardo Piet 8 1229 May 5, 2018 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: Joods
  The Case Against Elon Musk BrianSoddingBoru4 4 1368 February 8, 2018 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Let is snow (make it so), By Cpt. Jean Luc Piccard pocaracas 4 2269 December 5, 2013 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  White people vs black people reaction to magic Fidel_Castronaut 3 2082 July 25, 2013 at 5:32 am
Last Post: GodIsDead