Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING:The exclusion of the UK and non-Schengen countries like Ireland from the ban
BREAKING:The exclusion of the UK and non-Schengen countries like Ireland from the ban
Trump made another stupid -selfish too- decision to force a ban on traveling to Europe with the exception of the UK and all other non-Schengen countries:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/m...rus-crisis

Quote:And the US is only shutting some of its gates. The exclusion of the UK and non-Schengen countries like Ireland from the ban makes no sense if stopping the spread of disease is really the aim. Contrary to Trump’s claim, the UK is not doing a “great job” in containing coronavirus compared with most of its European neighbours.

It might be very strange to consider that the aim of this is stopping the Coronavirus, especially when reading the following from the same article:

Quote:It may or may not be a coincidence that Trump has golf resorts in the UK and Ireland. Given Trump’s preoccupation with his investments throughout his time in office, it is as plausible an explanation as any for an otherwise pointless decision.
RE: BREAKING:The exclusion of the UK and non-Schengen countries like Ireland from the ban
The man gives idiots a bad name!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

RE: BREAKING:The exclusion of the UK and non-Schengen countries like Ireland from the ban
He should get busy on that Atlantic Wall to keep Europeans out.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Yep, Trump’s making excuses to fuck with countries whose residents are mostly white. Truly the apocalypse is upon us.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
... and it looks like he’s including the UK and Ireland as well.

Just for the record, I recently ordered two books online from the UK. Then again, that was around the beginning of the month. Hopefully they have already reached the States by this time.

(March 14, 2020 at 4:47 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: ... and it looks like he’s including the UK and Ireland as well.

Just for the record, I recently ordered two books online from the UK. Then again, that was around the beginning of the month. Hopefully they have already reached the States by this time.

I have no evidence for this, but I’d like to think that Johnson and Varadkar called Trump and BEGGED to be included in the ban.

I don’t think you need worry about your books - the ban doesn’t cover cargo.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 14, 2020 at 6:10 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(March 14, 2020 at 4:47 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: ... and it looks like he’s including the UK and Ireland as well.

I have no evidence for this, but I’d like to think that Johnson and Varadkar called Trump and BEGGED to be included in the ban.

I don’t think you need worry about your books - the ban doesn’t cover cargo.

Boru

Yeah, for what it's worth, I've heard that, worst case scenario for the books, coronavirus can survive on surfaces for up to three days (and that's for plastics and metal; on cardboard, it's closer to 24 hours). It's been longer than that since they got shipped. Since they didn't come in today, and there's no mail on Sundays, it's coming on Monday at the earliest. So, unless someone in the postage supply has the virus (and given that there's been a total of six confirmed cases so far on the entire North Shore, that does not seem terribly likely), there's probably no chance of my getting it from the copies of Love for Lydia or Blackadder: The Whole Damn Dynasty I ordered about a week and a half ago from Bahamut Media in Reading.

Also, looking up Varadkar (since this is literally the first time I had heard his name), it's nice to know that Ireland has actually progressed enough that not only can a half-Indian gay man become the Taoiseach of what was, until fairly recently, a borderline theocratic ethnostate, but can do so while running as part of the main right-wing party.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BREAKING: Loujain Al-Hathloul FREE ! thanks Biden ! WinterHold 24 1152 February 15, 2021 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  BREAKING:Italy charges Egyptian security agency officials over murder of Giulio R. WinterHold 27 1248 December 14, 2020 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  BREAKING:Clashes erupt after Trump loyalists march against election results WinterHold 28 2097 December 14, 2020 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Aegon
  BREAKING: Muslims confronting ISIS terrorist and save Austrian Wounded Cop. WinterHold 18 1249 November 5, 2020 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  BREAKING: Trump suggests US over-reporting COVID deaths WinterHold 23 2011 November 2, 2020 at 12:27 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  BREAKING: Macron vs Islam: or Macron vs Erdogan ? WinterHold 9 361 October 27, 2020 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  BREAKING: Trump Boasted Of Saving Saudi Prince Over Jamal Khashoggi Killing WinterHold 16 1083 September 13, 2020 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  BREAKING: Former Twitter employees charged with spying for Saudi Arabia WinterHold 14 893 September 6, 2020 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  California High Capacity Magazine Ban Shot Down. onlinebiker 73 2419 August 25, 2020 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  BREAKING: Saudi Crown Prince accused of assassination plot against exiled official WinterHold 2 497 August 10, 2020 at 10:05 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda