Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Ghandi goint to hell or eternal death
Is Ghandi goint to hell or eternal death
We all know I asume what great things M. Ghandi did for many people. From what I remember he was shot by hindu extremist because Ghandi was protesting in favour of muslims.

However I don't think that he accepted Christ as his lord and saviour or the Qur'an as the word of Allah.

So a question to theists is: Is he in or going to Hell or eternal death since he for instance new about Christ but rejected him.

Ghandi as far as I know stuck to his own religion. Just goes to show how strong influence is what your parents are.

Aknowledging that you are a Christian or muslim, jew, hindu, etc of some sort because of your parents or society is a great way break free from tradition and start not engeniering but uncovering God thats if you still reamain thinking there is one.

Thanks
RE: Is Ghandi goint to hell or eternal death
Well, according to the scientific knowledge that we have now about human anatomy and the brain, as soon as the electrochemical process in his brain stops functioning, then he will lose consciousness. When this happens it will be exactly how it is when you are put under anesthesia for surgery. You do not know that you are knocked out. No pain. No love. No joy. No pleasure. you will not remember your life and you will not even know that you are dead and no longer exist.

In other words..extinction of the ego..the only true peace capable of being acheived.
Quote:So a question to theists

Theists are the LAST people I'd ask about matters metaphysical. They only have one answer, expressed in many,many,many,many different ways; "god did it" .

Not only is that answer most unhelpful to an atheist, it's also really tiresome. It leaves me wanting to say something very unkind,or to set fire to their clothing.(we're not allowed to have guns or carry sharp objects in Oz,which is just as well) Devil
(February 16, 2011 at 5:11 pm)Ervin Wrote: We all know I asume what great things M. Ghandi did for many people. From what I remember he was shot by hindu extremist because Ghandi was protesting in favour of muslims.

However I don't think that he accepted Christ as his lord and saviour or the Qur'an as the word of Allah.

So a question to theists is: Is he in or going to Hell or eternal death since he for instance new about Christ but rejected him.

Ghandi as far as I know stuck to his own religion. Just goes to show how strong influence is what your parents are.

Aknowledging that you are a Christian or muslim, jew, hindu, etc of some sort because of your parents or society is a great way break free from tradition and start not engeniering but uncovering God thats if you still reamain thinking there is one.

Thanks

Ervin, Jesus said that only through Him can one come to the Father and enter paradise. So with Ghandi rejecting Christ he will spend eternity seperated from God in a place called hell. Now the two who answered before me gave you answers about what happened to his body and they are correct, they however do not believe in God (which is an act of freewill) so they can not speak on the soul as chiristians can and that's why I filled in the rest of the story.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
I wouldn't put much stock in xtian bigotry for an answer to that one.
(February 16, 2011 at 5:11 pm)Ervin Wrote: We all know I asume what great things M. Ghandi did for many people. From what I remember he was shot by hindu extremist because Ghandi was protesting in favour of muslims.

Thanks

If Gandhi was as enlightened, tolerant and peaceable a being as his legend makes him out to be, could he possibly want to go to any place so overreaching, delusional and bigoted a being as one who would style himself "godschild" might regard as heaven?

As GC said Erwin, you can be the nastiest, most despicable childmolesting, animalkicking prick on the planet.

But as long as you accept god you're IN!!!!Cool Shades
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(February 17, 2011 at 7:14 am)Zen Badger Wrote: As GC said Erwin, you can be the nastiest, most despicable childmolesting, animalkicking prick on the planet.

On his days OFF no less!! ROFLOL
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(February 16, 2011 at 11:13 pm)padraic Wrote: Theists are the LAST people I'd ask about matters metaphysical. They only have one answer, expressed in many,many,many,many different ways; "god did it" .

Not only is that answer most unhelpful to an atheist, it's also really tiresome. It leaves me wanting to say something very unkind,or to set fire to their clothing.(we're not allowed to have guns or carry sharp objects in Oz,which is just as well) Devil

You got that right..mm, well... sometimes I ask them something just to see if something humorous comes out. I suppose it depends on how you approach the relilgious. I approach religion with a sense of humor as opposed to someone trying to convert or deconvert. I may ask them something like "how many angels can fit on a head of a pin." (which of course, the answer is ALL of them) and see what kind of look they give me after I ask while I give them the most innocent look I can muster..like this:
Angel Cloud
But I would not be dismayed by "god did it" as an answer. OF COURSE YOU KNOW THEY ARE GOING TO SAY IT,so I say have fun with it..so you should expect it and have your next questions or statements lined up for the punch line. Example:

Fundy - "What will you do when you die and realize you are in a lake of fire?"
Me - "Then I guess I will finally learn how to do the backstroke."

You see..many of the things they say and ask are meant to make you feels small, or to emotionally stunt you. Instead of going all Mr. Spock logical on them, turn their emotional lashing into a humorous jest.

(February 17, 2011 at 7:14 am)Zen Badger Wrote: As GC said Erwin, you can be the nastiest, most despicable childmolesting, animalkicking prick on the planet.

I never said that, those are your words not mine. As scripture says no one living that kind of a life will be in heaven. To recieve salvation one must repent of his/her sins and accept Christ as savior. Repent means that you want return to your old life style, you will live a life for Christ. Ghandi rejected Christ, even though he may have lived a decent life he never repented of his sin against God and a sinful soul will not be allowed into heaven. Ervin Christ died so that we might have that forgiveness, He paid a price for us that He did not have to and in return all He ask is that a person accept what He did for them.
(February 17, 2011 at 1:18 am)Chuck Wrote:

Thanks

If Gandhi was as enlightened, tolerant and peaceable a being as his legend makes him out to be, could he possibly want to go to any place so overreaching, delusional and bigoted a being as one who would style himself "godschild" might regard as heaven?

Even if heaven was as you discribed it still beats doing the backstroke in a lake of fire as RJ so lovingly put it. Now just to make this matter clear I do not believe that a person who is in hell will be tormented by fire for eternity there are worse things that are not torture.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HELL or not HELL? Little Rik 91 11448 November 10, 2018 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Eternal bliss Cod 135 16125 September 6, 2018 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  Eternal Damnation Hungry Hungry Hippo 14 5026 August 15, 2015 at 4:39 am
Last Post: Hungry Hungry Hippo
  An eternal life is a worthless life. Lucanus 47 12448 December 24, 2014 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Eternal punishment is pointless. Ryantology 497 59448 December 5, 2014 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  God is not the only eternal one ! (if he exist) reality.Mathematician 16 3440 June 19, 2014 at 3:06 am
Last Post: reality.Mathematician
  Hell is eternal life smax 14 4651 April 25, 2014 at 9:08 am
Last Post: JuliaL
  My reasoning in rejecting eternal torture/hell... Mystic 75 22093 April 9, 2013 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Thoughts on the "eternal consciousness" / "everything is energy" theories... hoppimike 8 4989 June 11, 2012 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: Adjusted Sanity
  eternal recurence darkblight 15 4950 August 23, 2011 at 10:39 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko