Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super hero movies sucks
Super hero movies sucks
I wrote something but it said thread doesnt exist for some reason

But thing is. In USA super hero movies, star wars and star trek are popular. But i hate them.
Like literally every super hero movie is some dumbass in tight suit with super powers to stop a super villain. Its lame and stupid.

Atleast anime tries to feel real with to some degree normal clothes, plot and somewhat realism. One proof of that. John Wick movies. Not seen 4th ones but i love those movies.

"Stahelski and Leitch's approach to action scenes drew upon their admiration for anime[9] and martial arts films.[10] The film used fight choreographers[11] and gun fu techniques[12] from Hong Kong action cinema"

Moderator Notice
Link removed due to 30/30 violation. Please familiarize yourself with the rules.

what i dont get is why cant Americans like objectively better stuff.. Like if you want an actual good sci fi. War of worlds 1953, thats a good movie. Or Ratchet and Clank PS2 games or Warcraft 1-3 on PC. I am just saying
Though heard rumors that Blizzard may be down with China so i am sceptical on that.. I am pro trading with Hong Kong (since they fight for democracy in that country) but i dont like the idea of supporting authoritarian regimes.
RE: Super hero movies sucks
Consider the origin. They're derived from comic books. You will never get a silk purse out of that.

But that doesn't mean you can't have fun with them. People like ... graphic novels ... :chortle: and superhero movies are the live action version of those. It's all in what people like. You couldn't drag me to "Emma" with a military-grade recovery vehicle.
(March 29, 2020 at 8:56 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Consider the origin. They're derived from comic books. You will never get a silk purse out of that.

But that doesn't mean you can't have fun with them. People like ... graphic novels ... :chortle: and superhero movies are the live action version of those. It's all in what people like. You couldn't drag me to "Emma" with a military-grade recovery vehicle.

Its the fact that they are popular is what pisses me off that people just have such bad taste. Like TMNT i think is the only legit good comics in America because it is full of cool action but its limited and more real in that sense. Outside that its just friggin super heroes :Tongue
If its not that its Star Trek where going around in space with super market clothes is apparently cool and practical for whatever reason if its not that its a bear in space.

Think only guy who hates super heroes as much as i do is Bill Maher. With the video on youtube "Grow up"

Moderator Notice
Link removed due to 30/30 violation.  This is your LAST chance to abide by this rule.
Should have been around when all we were getting was Dirty Harry and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Today's movies are at least eye candy.
To be honest, I think no one over the age of 14 should be watching comic book movies.
I know I'm in a minority but that's normal for me!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(March 29, 2020 at 11:53 am)zebo-the-fat Wrote: To be honest, I think no one over the age of 14 should be watching comic book movies.
I like comic-book movies. I don't like people who take them seriously. In the past seven decades I've seen some real schlock. (I'm looking at YOU "At Long Last Love.") So unlax and let people watch what makes them happy.
(March 29, 2020 at 11:53 am)zebo-the-fat Wrote: To be honest, I think no one over the age of 14 should be watching comic book movies.

I like them because in many ways, I'm still that 14 y/o reading Dr. Strange and Thor.  It surprises me people who didn't bond with the characters as kids can enjoy the movies.  The exception is the first seasons of Daredevil and Jessica Jones.  Anyone could like them.
I wouldn't mind Wonder Woman sucking, if you what I mean.[Image: Thumbs%20Up.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  5G sucks. Jehanne 12 837 June 5, 2022 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Incidental Christmas Movies brewer 6 802 December 25, 2020 at 1:14 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Homemade Quotes, "ABBA sucks, doesn't count." Brian37 37 2349 May 21, 2020 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Super Heroes, Star Wars and Star Trek is the worst entertainment made in US history Sanau 18 1734 March 30, 2020 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Uselss skills/qualifications! (#2) [NOT SUPER SERIOUS] ignoramus 44 2077 May 2, 2019 at 8:56 am
  [NOTSERIOUS] Super heroes that need to be filmed. Gawdzilla Sama 12 986 February 9, 2019 at 3:10 pm
  Why are children allowed to act in TV shows/movies? Alexmahone 10 2546 May 27, 2018 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Grief and how it sucks *Deidre* 21 3124 May 4, 2018 at 1:48 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  What I learned from watching 3 movies. Gawdzilla Sama 2 372 May 2, 2018 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  What sucks about being single. Brian37 7 1647 March 9, 2018 at 10:10 am
Last Post: No_God