Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's wrong with this?
What's wrong with this?
"I have been carrying around an inhaler in my pocket for 40 years out of fear of having a fatal asthma attack," he said."

[Image: _111754056_p0897k7z.jpg]

This guy is one Lucky Lucky bastard.
Miserable Bastard.
RE: What's wrong with this?
Shit like this is not unheard of; my therapist has mentioned people doing the same for things like tranquilisers, keeping them in a pill case on their person even as they disintegrate. And indeed, I carry around an inhaler because of some on and off respiratory issues. And the weird thing is I used to have that exact model.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
But it's the wrong inhaler that thing is a steroid and has no effect on an asthma attack. He should have been a reliever, Salbutamol the blue one.
Miserable Bastard.
... That's probably why they changed the model I was supposed to use.

That is an Albuterol rescue inhaler. I have one just like it. Rev, I think you are mistaking that one for the Beclomethasone steroidal inhaler, which I also have. The Beclomethasone  inhaler canister does not extend above the mouthpiece/holder, but the Albuterol inhaler canister does.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I would recognize that oversized cap anywhere. I used to use it. But then, a couple years ago, another doctor’s visit resulted in them prescribing me the blue Ventolin.

Woops my bad it was salbutamol. I don't know why but I thought the colours were fixed to the content.

Angel
Miserable Bastard.
And just so there’s no mystery about whether or not I was mistaken about which model of inhaler I used, I just spent the last couple minutes taking my bed apart to find them. Here’s what I found:

[Image: 568-DD88-C-6-CD6-4647-AA69-5-F8333861579.jpg]

The oldest is at the left, my current is at the right. You spend a couple years carrying a distinctive-looking inhaler, you know what it looks like. You will notice that the one in the middle, apart from wear and tear, looks exactly like the one in the photo. BOOM!

Also, they were all Albuterol Sulfate. The red ones were branded ProAir HFA and the blue one Ventolin HFA. They have the exact same active ingredient, although apparently the ProAir has some ethanol in the inactive ingredients. Otherwise, it seems to be a case of one chemical given two different names by two different pharmaceutical firms, in this case, Teva and GlaxoSmithKline, respectively.

(April 10, 2020 at 10:03 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: And just so there’s no mystery about whether or not I was mistaken about which model of inhaler I used, I just spent the last couple minutes taking my bed apart to find them. Here’s what I found:

[Image: 568-DD88-C-6-CD6-4647-AA69-5-F8333861579.jpg]

The oldest is at the left, my current is at the right. You spend a couple years carrying a distinctive-looking inhaler, you know what it looks like. You will notice that the one in the middle, apart from wear and tear, looks exactly like the one in the photo. BOOM!

Also, they were all Albuterol Sulfate. The red ones were branded ProAir HFA and the blue one Ventolin HFA. They have the exact same active ingredient, although apparently the ProAir has some ethanol in the inactive ingredients. Otherwise, it seems to be a case of one chemical given two different names by two different pharmaceutical firms, in this case, Teva and GlaxoSmithKline, respectively.
Changing the package is always confusing. I have one each of the one in the middle and the one on the right, which is newer. The difference between the two on the left is that there is a counter on the middle one that tells one how many life-saving poofs they've received. It's pretty helpful, compared to the old one that gave out unexpectedly, with scary results.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Well, technically the one on the right is a different brand from the other two, and the one in the middle actually has a counter as well. Mine says 28 (although it looks a bit askew, so it could be saying 27.) Probably doesn’t make much difference, since it expired in the spring of 2014 and the new one is newer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What the hell is wrong with people? arewethereyet 64 4654 April 26, 2022 at 11:17 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  What Could Go Wrong? Minimalist 2 358 August 27, 2018 at 2:29 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Wrong Target Minimalist 4 666 October 14, 2017 at 12:58 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Crusin Chubbys done their strippers wrong brewer 0 491 February 27, 2017 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What is wrong in Chicago? brewer 15 1905 January 4, 2017 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  NC Gov on the wrong side of history...... Brian37 217 25389 May 26, 2016 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Oklahoma keeps getting it wrong. brewer 13 2071 April 29, 2016 at 3:49 pm
Last Post: Minimalist