Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 12:02 pm

Poll: Stance on abortion
This poll is closed.
I support it
100.00%
17 100.00%
I oppose it
0%
0 0%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Your stance on abortion
Your stance on abortion
Since reverendjeremiah's been doing all these polls on political subjects, I figure I'd do one he hasn't covered yet: abortion. How do you feel about it?
Trudging through endless religion one step at a time.
RE: Your stance on abortion
(February 19, 2011 at 3:44 pm)Nitsuj Wrote: Since reverendjeremiah's been doing all these polls on political subjects, I figure I'd do one he hasn't covered yet: abortion. How do you feel about it?

Been done...to the death I am thinking.

I am Pro-Choice for the woman
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Wrong question. I don't "support" abortion, I support the right of a woman to choose whether she has a baby or not under special circumstances.
I'm pro choice.

I see abortion as a medical decision,between doctor and patient AND NO ONE ELSE, not a moral decision.
Sorry. I didn't know this had been done already...Sad
Trudging through endless religion one step at a time.
(February 19, 2011 at 4:09 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Wrong question. I don't "support" abortion, I support the right of a woman to choose whether she has a baby or not under special circumstances.

Why circumstances and why?
(February 19, 2011 at 3:44 pm)Nitsuj Wrote: Since reverendjeremiah's been doing all these polls on political subjects, I figure I'd do one he hasn't covered yet: abortion. How do you feel about it?

ARGH! You beat me to it! I was getting ready to do that one today. GOOD FOR YOU! Thankyou very much for bumping a credit out to me as well, I really appreciate it.

My view on Abortion: I am personally against abortion. I find it to be, for the most part, disgusting. BUT... I am a man, so therefore as far as I am concerned I have no business making abortion illegal because I will never get pregnant. Being pro-choice is the way to be in my opinion. If men can decide that women must keep babies that they dont want against their will, then it is equally valid that women can decide wether men can have their balls snipped or not against their will in order to aviod becoming pregnant by them. I will not slide down that slippery slope.

I support abortion in this poll.
Pro choice, to a point.
I think women should all have the choice as to what to do with their body, but after a certain level of development (I personally peg this right at the beginning of the third trimester), it should be illegal.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
Personally I am against it, but as RJ points out I will never be pregnant.

So I won't impose my values on someone who has to make that choice, or judge them for that choice.

The only conditions under which it should be prevented is third trimester( you've had six months to decide, it's too late now)

And cosmetic reasons i.e the child is the wrong sex.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(February 19, 2011 at 8:54 pm)Zen Badger Wrote: The only conditions under which it should be prevented is third trimester( you've had six months to decide, it's too late now)
And cosmetic reasons i.e the child is the wrong sex.

I agree. Otherwise I'm pro-choice. I will most likely be pregnant one day, and I'd like to know it's legal to be in control of my own body, up to point (as mentioned above).

[Image: 186305514v6_480x480_Front_Color-Black-1.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saudi Arabia: a stance against the beast WinterHold 4 481 November 8, 2018 at 1:02 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  I'm against abortion until my mistress needs one Doubting Thomas 32 4781 October 8, 2017 at 3:19 am
Last Post: Ivan Denisovich
  Disability and abortion BrokenQuill92 6 1567 December 8, 2015 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: c172
  TX Republicans kill filibuster, essentially ending abortion in state TaraJo 58 18095 June 24, 2015 at 11:00 pm
Last Post: das_atheist
  What are your thoughts on Intact dilation and extraction(aka Partial Birth Abortion)? IanHulett 6 1638 April 27, 2015 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Razzle
  Secular reasons for and against legalising abortion Dolorian 80 10458 October 29, 2014 at 11:35 am
Last Post: Cato
  Abortion and Global warming Heywood 136 28383 May 27, 2014 at 1:50 am
Last Post: Losty
  Funny Abortion Meme The_Thinking_Theist 22 18991 February 17, 2014 at 6:54 am
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Pope fires cardinal who is outspoken critic of gay marriage and abortion TaraJo 18 3918 December 19, 2013 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Texas Abortion Law Struck Down Minimalist 8 2588 October 28, 2013 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas