Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm against abortion until my mistress needs one
I'm against abortion until my mistress needs one
Anti-abortion senator to retire after reports of an affair

Quote:Republican congressman Tim Murphy of Pennsylvania announced Wednesday that he would not run for a ninth term, amid tawdry revelations of an extramarital affair in which the anti-abortion lawmaker urged his mistress to get an abortion when he thought she was pregnant.
Murphy's decision came a day after the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette published text messages between Murphy and Shannon Edwards.

A Jan. 25 text message from Edwards told the congressman he had "zero issue posting your pro-life stance all over the place when you had no issue asking me to abort our unborn child just last week when we thought that was one of the options," according to the newspaper.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
RE: I'm against abortion until my mistress needs one
Could it be that politicians have political stances that correspond to what their lobbyists pay them for and that they don't have to correspond to those in their private life?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
It's the common hypocrisy of the religous right.
It's similar to how they condemn fornication and masturbation but almost all have done or do it. The difference is Murphy made a promise to his wife and this is what makes it immoral. And use a condom.
(October 5, 2017 at 8:51 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Could it be that politicians have political stances that correspond to what their lobbyists pay them for and that they don't have to correspond to those in their private life?
As much as politicians often say one thing, then do another, this particular behavior goes right down to the commonest of common folk. A pretty big chunk of abortions are had by women who label themselves as pro life.

Excerpt from article:

If you've ever interviewed women who work at abortion clinics (as I did for my thesis), especially those who see their work as an outgrowth of a feminist mission, these women will tell you point blank that they've had people come to their clinic and get an abortion, yet identify themselves as "pro-life" the whole time. I've even heard anecdotes where a woman would get an abortion at a clinic on one day, then go back to protesting against the same clinic on the next day. Another woman I interviewed told me, "Most pro-life women oppose abortion with four exceptions: rape, incest, the life of the mother, and me."

The sociologist Wendi Simons described this phenomenon in her book, Abortion at Work: Ideology and Practice in a Feminist Clinic.

Many workers spoke of dealing with clients who felt conflicted about abortion rights or who even declared that they were against abortion (on the phone, in group sessions, or while waiting in the exam rooms). Yvette said, "I've had a lot of people [clients] tell me lately, 'I used to be pro-choice, but now I'm not.' And that one really bothers me." Health workers sometimes confronted clients by asking them how they could have an abortion if they were anti-choice, as Janice described: "I get mad, but I ... just present the opposite side view, 'Well, you know, if you are anti-abortion, then maybe this isn't the decision that you want to make," you know, and just try to present it in a way that, well, that it's not really compatible to be anti-abortion and to have an abortion. 'Well, my situation's different.' 'Okay, right!'" Janice laughed, using sarcasm to dismiss a client's claim to a unique route to abortion.

Clients would attempt to justify their own abortions as necessary compared with the frivolous abortions of other women. Many health workers said, as Janice did, that they often assured such clients that their situations were not unusual. This recurring conversation frustrated staff members, who often found it easiest to simply ignore clients' anti-abortion remarks. Carrie, a health worker, said, for instance, that she rarely felt she had the energy or desire to argue with clients and that she worried she might not argue politely. She believed that what she would like to say expressed too much anger to maintain the nurturing stance she had been taught. "It makes me really angry--it really frustrates me--that you're coming in here to have an abortion and telling me that you don't believe in it! That you would deny other women the choice, the option that you have now to come in here and do this!"
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Wow, disgusting.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Ronald Reagan was no slouch when it came to pandering to the religious folks. At some level they knew it too and didn't care, as long as he was saying the right shit it was fine with them.

I'm thinking along with schisms, hypocrisy is another one of those major Christian sacraments they don't like talking about for some reason.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Aroura posted this:

"Most pro-life women oppose abortion with four exceptions: rape, incest, the life of the mother, and me."

Seems to me like that could be the basis for actual legislation.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Story of a lot of people. "I'm totes against drugs, abortion, gays, and whatever else, unless it effects me directly. Or I'm totes for stuff like fracking, as long as it isn't in my town. I'm totes for religion being taught in public school, and religious symbols on public property, as long as it's my religion.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(October 5, 2017 at 7:13 am)Doubting Thomas Wrote: Anti-abortion senator to retire after reports of an affair

Quote:Republican congressman Tim Murphy of Pennsylvania announced Wednesday that he would not run for a ninth term, amid tawdry revelations of an extramarital affair in which the anti-abortion lawmaker urged his mistress to get an abortion when he thought she was pregnant.
Murphy's decision came a day after the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette published text messages between Murphy and Shannon Edwards.

A Jan. 25 text message from Edwards told the congressman he had "zero issue posting your pro-life stance all over the place when you had no issue asking me to abort our unborn child just last week when we thought that was one of the options," according to the newspaper.

Unlike his side, we'd say that would be HER decision alone between her and her doctor.

I am so sick of these assholes rightfully pointing to the east and bitch about how, NOT ALL, but far too much of it is about controlling women's bodies. 

I am also sick of the bullshit assumption that being pro choice means we go door to door and tell girls/women "Hey get knocked up so we can end a life and have keg party after."

No, the left DOES want healthy babies and wanted babies. We simply don't live a lie and try to force a utopia. 

We see EDUCATION and livable wages so parents can be at home to monitor kids. We see knowing how your body works and valuing consent, and reducing risk with condoms. We value life after birth meaning the economy of the adults and the kid.

If these morons can rightfully condemn the treatment of females in the east, then they should simply mind their own business here. 

Unfortunately this does not surprise me.
(October 5, 2017 at 11:09 am)Chad32 Wrote: Story of a lot of people. "I'm totes against drugs, abortion, gays, and whatever else, unless it effects me directly. Or I'm totes for stuff like fracking, as long as it isn't in my town. I'm totes for religion being taught in public school, and religious symbols on public property, as long as it's my religion.

I'm a hundred percent behind my religion and all it's dogma, creeds, commandments, rules, strictures, and laws, but only just until any little bit of it becomes inconvenient to me

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  People do not know how close they really are until they start a war with somebody WinterHold 5 951 October 10, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  It's Just One Vote and It's Just One Carbon Footprint Duty 16 1011 October 26, 2018 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Trump Jr. wanted to impregnate his mistress Aubrey O'Day Divinity 16 3088 March 31, 2018 at 11:40 am
Last Post: Shell B
  It's only a matter of time until Trump throws rocks at the wrong person NuclearEnergy 0 506 March 7, 2017 at 4:35 am
Last Post: NuclearEnergy
  Things you think you country needs to improve Amarok 63 7234 March 3, 2017 at 12:08 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pot-sitive Needs Neo-Scholastic 8 1605 November 9, 2016 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Drumpf Needs Better Advance Men Minimalist 17 1684 June 29, 2016 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Someone Needs To Tell Him That Minimalist 3 761 June 18, 2016 at 8:46 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Normally They Wait Until After The Election Minimalist 48 4406 May 21, 2016 at 12:28 pm
  Someone Needs To Tell Cruz Minimalist 1 702 April 7, 2016 at 6:01 pm