Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes, this IS a Buddy Holly Song.......
Yes, this IS a Buddy Holly Song.......

RE: Yes, this IS a Buddy Holly Song.......
Yes. Yes it is.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Worship

(June 12, 2020 at 3:51 pm)Ranjr Wrote: Worship

Not into Pearl Jam but got to give them kudos.
Who didn't fall in love with Linda?

Linda was da bomb.

It’s almost a chore to find someone who DIDN’T cover a Buddy Holly song.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 12, 2020 at 4:10 pm)Ranjr Wrote: Who didn't fall in love with Linda?

Weird trivia thing.  A friend of mine from back in the day - magazine cover from 1979.

[Image: jKTmZQo.jpg]

Suzie's dad and my dad were high school classmates.  Her mother and mine were drinking buddies.  I dated one of her younger brothers off and on for a few years.  Dad had a copy of this magazine but I don't know whatever happened to it.  The first time I ever saw a stripper live on stage, it was Suzie.  Her move to California got her off the stages of dive bars in Iowa.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(June 12, 2020 at 4:20 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Linda was da bomb.

Boru

I love this one.  Jeff Lynne doesn't get the credit he deserves.  Worked with the likes of Petty, Harrison and Orbison, in addition to Paul, yet he still stands out.

(June 12, 2020 at 5:47 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Weird trivia thing.  A friend of mine from back in the day - magazine cover from 1979.

[Image: jKTmZQo.jpg]

Suzie's dad and my dad were high school classmates.  Her mother and mine were drinking buddies.  I dated one of her younger brothers off and on for a few years.  Dad had a copy of this magazine but I don't know whatever happened to it.  The first time I ever saw a stripper live on stage, it was Suzie.  Her move to California got her off the stages of dive bars in Iowa.

Dayum!  Glad I didn't see that when I was 14.
(June 12, 2020 at 8:59 pm)Ranjr Wrote:
(June 12, 2020 at 4:20 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Linda was da bomb.

Boru

I love this one.  Jeff Lynne doesn't get the credit he deserves.  Worked with the likes of Petty, Harrison and Orbison, in addition to Paul, yet he still stands out.

I sometimes wonder what would have transpired had Buddy Holly lived (idiots telling me that he's only revered because he's dead is generally what triggers that). He had a tremendous impact on music in a very short time.

Boru
(June 13, 2020 at 4:54 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:  
I sometimes wonder what would have transpired had Buddy Holly lived (idiots telling me that he's only revered because he's dead is generally what triggers that). He had a tremendous impact on music in a very short time.

Boru

To me, as a kid, Holly was just a goofy guy who sang about girls.  Later, I realized Holly established the Fender Strat as a rock instrument, formed the two guitars, bass and drum model for rock bands, and tightened the rhythm.   By reforming the Crickets with Waylon Jennings and  studio ace Tommy Allsup, just before the crash, he was experimenting with rock's first super group.  My favorite Holly tune is Every Day.  Fiona Apple does a sweet version.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A song that you hate The Valkyrie 33 2280 December 17, 2022 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Oh, yes...it will be mine. BrianSoddingBoru4 11 812 March 27, 2021 at 8:04 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  An 80s song that could apply to the past 4 years. Brian37 39 2140 November 25, 2020 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: Duty
  Yes is the answer to everything... Brian37 12 1725 March 6, 2020 at 7:51 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  My new favorite song of all time excluding classical music Alex K 1 587 January 26, 2020 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  As much as I love ABBA, this is my fav song..... Brian37 16 1671 January 25, 2020 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Yes, what are you going to do about it? Brian37 19 1401 February 14, 2019 at 6:53 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  Challenge New, New year's song...... Brian37 0 213 January 3, 2019 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  THIS Is How You Update A Christmas Song! BrianSoddingBoru4 1 921 December 23, 2018 at 3:30 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Every so often I post my fav song... Brian37 14 938 December 7, 2018 at 4:24 am
Last Post: Maketakunai