Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 3:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feeling A Bit Moody, and blue.
Feeling A Bit Moody, and blue.
I am quite sure most who frequent here know I am a fan of 80s music. 

RE: Feeling A Bit Moody, and blue.
It's a bit of a stretch to call The Moody Blues an 80s band.

'Nights in White Satin' was the prom theme my senior year of high school in 1975. The song had already been around nearly a decade then.

They were preforming and releasing albums in the 80s, yes, but they really don't fall into the category of an 80s era band.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(June 16, 2020 at 3:29 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I am quite sure most who frequent here know I am a fan of 80s music. 

Well, it sucks less than some of the music you’ve posted.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 16, 2020 at 4:09 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(June 16, 2020 at 3:29 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I am quite sure most who frequent here know I am a fan of 80s music. 

Boru

But sucks nonetheless....

Par the course.
(June 16, 2020 at 4:10 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(June 16, 2020 at 4:09 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Well, it sucks less than some of the music you’ve posted.

Boru

But sucks nonetheless....

Par the course.

‘Sucks less’ just means I wouldn’t smash the radio playing it. I would probably leave the room, though.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I would like to weigh in on this music; it is very plain and not very interesting.
(June 16, 2020 at 3:59 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: It's a bit of a stretch to call The Moody Blues an 80s band.

'Nights in White Satin' was the prom theme my senior year of high school in 1975.  The song had already been around nearly a decade then.

They were preforming and releasing albums in the 80s, yes, but they really don't fall into the category of an 80s era band.
October, 2003, "December" released. I'm not sure how many of the originals were in that group.

1986 was the end for me.

"Your Wildest Dreams"
Released: April 1986
"The Other Side of Life"
Released: August 1986
(June 16, 2020 at 4:09 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

Boru

Then I guess there is no point in mentioning "Baker Street" by Gerry Rafferty.

It was actually the very first song I clung to the radio for hours just to hear as a kid. 

Of course no relationship to the Moody Blues, but was just throwing this out there.  I actually chased Baker Street as a pre teen in the 70s far more than ABBA. 

There was a private marina pool across the river from where my parent's boat was parked and they had the music on a station that played Baker Street on rotation. I used to sit at the end of the dock, or swim over to the pool just to hear that song.
The 80's, though there were some bright spots, was the beginning of the decline for music in general.
Back in the 70s there was another song which I don't obsess over, but haunted me because it was about death, Was Terry Jacks "Seasons In The Sun".

(June 16, 2020 at 3:59 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: It's a bit of a stretch to call The Moody Blues an 80s band.

'Nights in White Satin' was the prom theme my senior year of high school in 1975.  The song had already been around nearly a decade then.

According to Wiki/google the song "The Voice" was released in 1981.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blue Man Group onlinebiker 1 311 May 7, 2022 at 4:55 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Ok geeks, blue moon and standing alone. Brian37 17 817 December 27, 2020 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Michael Jackson - can you listen without feeling a bit "noncey"? Duty 7 403 December 14, 2020 at 9:57 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  A Patch Of Blue.... Brian37 0 310 August 31, 2020 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Another new little idea for a piece, now a bit more worked out Alex K 9 2247 August 24, 2017 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: Court Jester