Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a term for . . .
Is there a term for . . .
. . . a patient secretly playing the role of a doctor and ends up curing their actual doctor after being seen by him?
"Zen … does not confuse spirituality with thinking about God while one is peeling potatoes. Zen spirituality is just to peel the potatoes." - Alan Watts
RE: Is there a term for . . .
Coincidence.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
fortuna cieca
(July 25, 2020 at 10:03 am)Porcupine Wrote: . . . a patient secretly playing the role of a doctor and ends up curing their actual doctor after being seen by him?

How do you secretly play doctor? Cured of what?
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(July 25, 2020 at 10:35 am)chimp3 Wrote: How do you secretly play doctor?

Separate question.

Quote: Cured of what?

Any health problem.

(July 25, 2020 at 10:14 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: fortuna cieca

Very meta and I like it.
"Zen … does not confuse spirituality with thinking about God while one is peeling potatoes. Zen spirituality is just to peel the potatoes." - Alan Watts
(July 25, 2020 at 10:42 am)Porcupine Wrote:
(July 25, 2020 at 10:14 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: fortuna cieca

Very meta and I like it.
Nessun problema. Ho vissuto in Sicilia per tre anni.
I assume playing the role of a doctor then billing for that could result in a prison term. So, there is that.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Yes, delusion of grandeur.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
It's a compound trope. There are terms for it's constituent parts but checking the trope wiki, no term for the full monty.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
It's called practicing medicine without  license and will probably wind you up in jail whether you cure someone or not.  Dodgy
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There's social distancing, and then there's SOCIAL DISTANCING!!!!! Gawdzilla Sama 8 784 March 24, 2020 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Is long term monogamy unnatural for human beings? Catholic_Lady 102 15876 April 8, 2018 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  The effects of long term stress on everyday functionality Sterben 23 1619 March 12, 2017 at 3:18 am
Last Post: Alex K