Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
President Barack Obama
President Barack Obama
Might as well make a thread about this.

How many people watched/listen to the Inauguration? I listened to it on an am/fm radio at work. I was please to hear him give a nod to nonbelievers in his speech.

Also this has been kicking around the atheist blogoshpere:

[Image: obama.jpg]
Obama's Secular Humanist Ubringing

Also, I love Pundit Kitchen

[Image: political-pictures-barack-obama-chi.jpg]

[Image: political-pictures-bush-door-hit-yo.jpg]

[Image: political-pictures-barack-obama-blo.jpg]

[Image: political-pictures-barack-obama-pre.jpg]

[Image: political-pictures-obama-family-pic.jpg]
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
RE: President Barack Obama
HAHA I actually lold at some of those. Approaching midnight too. I was just starting to get sleepy Tongue

I watched it live, was pretty good. That Rick Warren guy was pretty terrible. I found myself commenting on the majority of what he said, much to my mother's despair. She was enjoying the christian babble.
Obama's speech was pretty good in my opinion. However, it did seem to sound a little bit uhmmm... like this: "no matter what shit we throw at you, keep working, keep trying, until you drop dead." But was covered with patriotic sugarcoating and came out more like "as citizens of this great nation, and in a time of darkness like this, it is the responsibility of each of us to refuse to give up, to refuse to back down, to continue playing a part for this prosperous democracy we call the united states of america". I don't know, to me it just sounded very "play your part- shut up and work".
I saw it today

yay for having a president that doesn't give a flying shit about citizens not believing
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful with out having to believe there are fairies at the bottom of it to?" -Douglas Adams.Heart
Pastafarian
I Evolved!
(January 20, 2009 at 7:41 pm)LukeMC Wrote: HAHA I actually lold at some of those. Approaching midnight too. I was just starting to get sleepy Tongue

I watched it live, was pretty good. That Rick Warren guy was pretty terrible. I found myself commenting on the majority of what he said, much to my mother's despair. She was enjoying the christian babble.
Obama's speech was pretty good in my opinion. However, it did seem to sound a little bit uhmmm... like this: "no matter what shit we throw at you, keep working, keep trying, until you drop dead." But was covered with patriotic sugarcoating and came out more like "as citizens of this great nation, and in a time of darkness like this, it is the responsibility of each of us to refuse to give up, to refuse to back down, to continue playing a part for this prosperous democracy we call the united states of america". I don't know, to me it just sounded very "play your part- shut up and work".

It didn't sound like that too me at all. To me it felt like he was saying we all need to work together. We all in this together and we'll all get out together, but not without hard work on everone's part. That was the messge.

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
It's politics as usual remember even if this president is loaded with good intentions he can only do what is allowed of him by the real people that run this government and that would be Congress and the Senate.They could have kept the god babble crap out of it.That guy that did the closing prayer after the ceremony was praying that God would guide him and this Christian nation etc etc.It disgust me to see any religion mingled with politics although it's a reality we have to just grin and bear.I think this nation is expecting way too much of this new president and when he is unable to deliver then they will do the usual about face and count him in with the rest of the clowns in government.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

His speech aside (which was awesome) I got bored sh**less by it.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
I didn't even watch the ceremony. Still haven't seen any of it. I probably am one of the few in the world. Smile
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
I did not watch the ceremony either I just saw some highlights in the news.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

http://gamu-toys.info/sonota/sw/obama/obama.html

Click on the link. It's AWESOME

WTF...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which nonpolitician could be president? Fake Messiah 8 873 January 16, 2023 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1235 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Kuchma, the president of Ukraine Interaktive 5 864 June 10, 2022 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Interaktive
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1639 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  has Biden done a good job as president? Drich 400 24207 May 23, 2021 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  President Biden Foxaèr 74 5059 December 6, 2020 at 1:55 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Justice Obama? BrianSoddingBoru4 33 1464 August 26, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Michelle Obama Crushes It BrianSoddingBoru4 32 1489 August 19, 2020 at 11:00 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Kanye West 2020 President Raino921 40 1967 August 5, 2020 at 12:16 am
Last Post: Dundee
  President Zelensky and the Withheld Funds Haipule 16 1242 January 27, 2020 at 9:13 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate