Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lazy #!\*%$
Lazy #!\*%$
I found a set of factory service manuals on Craigslist that cover a couple of the years for cars we have. The advertisement has been online for a few weeks. 

So I call the guy. It is about a 3 1/2 hour drive one way for me.

I ask - would you be willing to ship these to me if I pay the shipping?

He says "No. I would have to put them in a box".

Dodgy

Really?

Might I suggest another place you can put them - you lazy fuck?

Fucking people....
RE: Lazy #!\*%$
Maybe he was in the great Box War of aught nine. They were some tough times. You should be more considerate of others and their troubles. You heartless bastard!
Boxes are hardFaints
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(August 22, 2020 at 5:43 pm)Fireball Wrote: Boxes are hardFaints

I won't claim I was the fastest box folder in pizza chain history, but back in the late 90s early 2000s I worked for a major pizza chain. But for my single store, where I worked, when I got into bundle box folding bets with other co workers, I beat them every time. Cant say I could do that now being older. But back then, I would have taken anyone on in folding pizza boxes. 

Boxes are NOT hard.
Boxes are clearly an expensive commodity that, outside of transportation, you have no use for.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
(August 22, 2020 at 5:48 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(August 22, 2020 at 5:43 pm)Fireball Wrote: Boxes are hardFaints

I won't claim I was the fastest box folder in pizza chain history, but back in the late 90s early 2000s I worked for a major pizza chain. But for my single store, where I worked, when I got into bundle box folding bets with other co workers, I beat them every time. Cant say I could do that now being older. But back then, I would have taken anyone on in folding pizza boxes. 

Boxes are NOT hard.

There, we've heard from a professional.  Maybe Bri can talk the guy through it.

(August 22, 2020 at 5:33 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: I found a set of factory service manuals on Craigslist that cover a couple of the years for cars we have. The advertisement has been online for a few weeks. 

Dodgy

Really?

Fucking people....

I can't believe the manuals aren't available online.  I have found several for old appliances, etc. and either been able to get the instructions I needed or the part numbers.  Seems that damn near every manual is available online now.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(August 22, 2020 at 6:35 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(August 22, 2020 at 5:48 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I won't claim I was the fastest box folder in pizza chain history, but back in the late 90s early 2000s I worked for a major pizza chain. But for my single store, where I worked, when I got into bundle box folding bets with other co workers, I beat them every time. Cant say I could do that now being older. But back then, I would have taken anyone on in folding pizza boxes. 

Boxes are NOT hard.

There, we've heard from a professional.  Maybe Bri can talk the guy through it.

(August 22, 2020 at 5:33 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: I found a set of factory service manuals on Craigslist that cover a couple of the years for cars we have. The advertisement has been online for a few weeks. 

Dodgy

Really?

Fucking people....

I can't believe the manuals aren't available online.  I have found several for old appliances, etc. and either been able to get the instructions I needed or the part numbers.  Seems that damn near every manual is available online now.

They haven't made an S-series Saturn in 18 years.

And they didn't sell a lot of the factory service manuals - which generally were only sold to dealers...
(August 22, 2020 at 6:51 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(August 22, 2020 at 6:35 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: There, we've heard from a professional.  Maybe Bri can talk the guy through it.

They haven't made an S-series Saturn in 18 years.

And they didn't sell a lot of the factory service manuals - which generally were only sold to dealers...

https://justgivemethedamnmanual.com/serv...n/S_Series

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(August 22, 2020 at 6:54 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(August 22, 2020 at 6:51 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: They haven't made an S-series Saturn in 18 years.

https://justgivemethedamnmanual.com/serv...n/S_Series

Yeah. I have seen those. They are a step up from a Haynes or Chiltons - but they are not as complete as the factory manual.

I have a couple sets of factory.The 95 set is three heavy three ring folders weighing about 10 lbs. It covers an insane amount of information.

This guy was selling the 96 and the 2001 set with the 2002 addendums. (2002 was the last s-series and nearly identical to 2001).

He only wanted $50 for both. Cheap for the factory editions.
(August 22, 2020 at 7:22 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(August 22, 2020 at 6:54 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: https://justgivemethedamnmanual.com/serv...n/S_Series

Yeah. I have seen those. They are a step up from a Haynes or Chiltons - but they are not as complete as the factory manual.

I have a couple sets of factory.The 95 set is three heavy three ring folders weighing about 10 lbs. It covers an insane amount of information.

This guy was selling the 96 and the 2001 set with the 2002 addendums. (2002 was the last s-series and nearly identical to 2001).

He only wanted $50 for both. Cheap for the factory editions.

Since they’re that cheap, drive on over and pick them up, you lazy #!\*%$.  Hehe

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lazy People's Tricks. Gawdzilla Sama 34 2520 March 27, 2019 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Have our lizard people overlords gotten lazy, or arrogant? CapnAwesome 5 1307 March 19, 2017 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Too lazy to debate J a c k 30 5052 September 8, 2016 at 2:02 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus