Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quotes acceptance
Question 
Quotes acceptance
I came up with these quotes. I want to be associated with as many of them as I can.

Quote: "There is no proof that that any writings about religious beliefs are
divinely inspired by God. If you have no proof based on reality as only
an eye from any living species sees it, God cannot possibly exist based on
this undeniably critical thinking evidence. science is all based on fact,
but religion is not based on fact. Religion is based on imaginative
thinking which is not fact."
Quote:"Religion Owned by science."
Quote:"Critical thinking dies at the door to Religion"
RE: Quotes acceptance
Shoo.
You are absolutely right. It is a very rude and arrogant thing to demand a task such as that. I humbly apologize and I honestly didn't intended to be thought of as an arrogant, rude, asshole at the time I wrote the post. I should have been sleeping at 8 pm, not writing stupid half-wit posts that make me look like a FUCKING IDOIT!

Ok, let me rewrite that in a more socially appropriate manner:
On my own, I made these sentences up. I have a wish. My wish is to have as many of these sentences as I can get associated with me. Does someone on this forum know a way I can achieve my goal? If not, does someone know who or what I can communicate to in order to achieve my goal?

Quote:"There is no proof that that any writings about religious beliefs are
divinely inspired by God. If you have no proof based on reality as only
an eye from any living species sees it, God cannot possibly exist based on this undeniably critical thinking evidence. science is all based on fact,
but religion is not based on fact. Religion is based on imaginative
thinking which is not fact."
Quote:"Religion Owned by science."
Quote:"Critical thinking dies at the door to Religion."
You seem nice, ill bite, could be fun Big Grin

The whole point of quotes is that they come from famous people. The reason they carry significance is because the person who made those quotes themselves have significance. As such, i suggest you start by winning a Nobel Prize or writing a best-selling book before actually making quotes.

As to the quotes themselves, the first one is not really a quote but an argument that is pretty easily destroyed by modern theologians, remember they have been working on it for 2000 years, you can't disprove God in a sentence.

The second one is meh. Too culturally specific (the word "owned" is far from mainstream).

The last one is decent, but a lot of much more (no offense) significant figures have been associated with similar quotes. It doesn't help that it is grammatically incorrect (the door "OF" religion instead of "TO" would be more appropriate).

Also, you "religious views" section i find a bit simplistic and rude, but i do have much milder positions on theists than most around here so this is purely and simply my opinion, dont take it too seriously Smile.

Finally, be wary of posting your actual name on the Internet, this is never a good idea (except, you know, on Facebook Tongue)

Hope this helps !
Good point. Name Deleted.
Wait, are you THE David Tauraso?! Hey everyone, David Tauraso is posting in our forums! /sarcasm
(February 27, 2011 at 12:35 pm)Rwandrall Wrote: The whole point of quotes is that they come from famous people. The reason they carry significance is because the person who made those quotes themselves have significance. As such, i suggest you start by winning a Nobel Prize or writing a best-selling book before actually making quotes.

Good point. I could also just do anything that makes me famous without being an idiot about it, right?

(February 27, 2011 at 12:35 pm)Rwandrall Wrote: As to the quotes themselves, the first one is not really a quote but an argument that is pretty easily destroyed by modern theologians, remember they have been working on it for 2000 years, you can't disprove God in a sentence.

Why not? What is your evidence? Is it the religionist's pathetic rationalizations?

(February 27, 2011 at 12:35 pm)Rwandrall Wrote: The second one is meh. Too culturally specific (the word "owned" is far from mainstream).

True, but religion always gets owned by science. I'm not saying you're wrong, but the idea itself still stands.

(February 27, 2011 at 12:35 pm)Rwandrall Wrote: The last one is decent, but a lot of much more (no offense) significant figures have been associated with similar quotes. It doesn't help that it is grammatically incorrect (the door "OF" religion instead of "TO" would be more appropriate).

Damn, but I liked it so much. Bad grammar can really fuck up a new
hopeful saying, can't it?
Has anyone come up with this version?
Critical thinking dies at the door of religion.
If not, can I save it in some way so I can use it if I become famous? Like trademarking it or something like that?

(February 27, 2011 at 12:35 pm)Rwandrall Wrote: Also, you "religious views" section i find a bit simplistic and rude, but i do have much milder positions on theists than most around here so this is purely and simply my opinion, dont take it too seriously Smile.

That's fine, I'm not offended. I'm sure that there are plenty of thrusts and atheists who are ok with the way things are because culture tells us from an early age to be tolerant of peoples beliefs and respect them, even if they ARE bullshit. I was taught the same thing, but when I learned how to critically think I saw how narrow-mindedness is sold to people through propaganda. They buy it in different ways and quantities, but they still buy it nevertheless. I think the world would be a better place without all of the narrow mindedness. If that was the case, we would not be fighting 2 wars in the Middle East right now. That's just one example. I want to change how the world thinks as to get rid of a lot of unnecessary problems in the world by utilizing science, critical thinking, and human constructiveness instead of narrow-mindedness.

(February 27, 2011 at 12:35 pm)Rwandrall Wrote: Finally, be wary of posting your actual name on the Internet, this is never a good idea (except, you know, on Facebook Tongue)

Hope this helps !

Excellent idea. Check my last 2 posts in this thread.

(February 27, 2011 at 4:57 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: Wait, are you THE David Tauraso?! Hey everyone, David Tauraso is posting in our forums! /sarcasm

Damn, with all of the crazies in the world they just might get the impression that David Tauraso is the devil! Which fallacy is that, guilt by association?

Love the joke...
ROFLOL
...I'm done putting my name in the forums. I get it now, thanks.
Hey..I know those quotes..I read them once on Atheist Forums by some guy named David Tauraso.
(February 27, 2011 at 7:39 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: Hey..I know those quotes..I read them once on Atheist Forums by some guy named David Tauraso.

That sure as hell wasn't me. I don't know who he is.Thinking
(February 27, 2011 at 10:46 am)Emporion Wrote: On my own, I made these sentences up. I have a wish. My wish is to have as many of these sentences as I can get associated with me. Does someone on this forum know a way I can achieve my goal? If not, does someone know who or what I can communicate to in order to achieve my goal?

I don't know if you did much better the second time around ... other than admitting to assholery. Wink But my suggestion would be to get famous or write a book. Preferably many.
Our Daily Train blog at jeremystyron.com

---
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea | By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown | Till human voices wake us, and we drown. — T.S. Eliot

"... man always has to decide for himself in the darkness, that he must want beyond what he knows. ..." — Simone de Beauvoir

"As if that blind rage had washed me clean, rid me of hope; for the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world. Finding it so much like myself—so like a brother, really—I felt that I had been happy and that I was happy again." — Albert Camus, "The Stranger"
---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Favorite Atheism Quotes? Incognito 25 3776 October 31, 2016 at 8:36 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Best use of hymns and bible quotes in fiction? Lemonvariable72 14 3403 November 21, 2015 at 6:14 am
Last Post: pgrimes15
  Create your own skeptical quotes. Brian37 33 3913 March 20, 2015 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Quotes for the unbeliever Foxaèr 20 2897 March 19, 2014 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Brian37
Information Formidable Atheist Quotes - AskAtheists.com chrisbeach 11 3146 January 25, 2013 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  The paradox of acceptance vs rejection in secular settings Vincenzo Vinny G. 37 16106 September 6, 2012 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: genkaus