Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why It's Important To Know Scripture
Why It's Important To Know Scripture

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Why It's Important To Know Scripture
Never saw the show, but I've seen this scene a few times.
(September 11, 2020 at 7:37 am)Eleven Wrote: Never saw the show, but I've seen this scene a few times.

It's not a bad programme, overall. Although I'm reluctant to believe that someone as intellectual as Jed Bartlet could ever be elected president of the US. PhD in Economics, minor in theology, speaks four languages, chess master and Nobel Laureate (economics) - Yeah, THAT'S going to appeal to the average voter.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I'm more partial to The Newsroom, from 2012, than Westwing.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
(September 11, 2020 at 8:15 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 11, 2020 at 7:37 am)Eleven Wrote: Never saw the show, but I've seen this scene a few times.

It's not a bad programme, overall. Although I'm reluctant to believe that someone as intellectual as Jed Bartlet could ever be elected president of the US. PhD in Economics, minor in theology, speaks four languages, chess master and Nobel Laureate (economics) - Yeah, THAT'S going to appeal to the average voter.

Boru

He could address those short comings by claiming he cheated on his SAT and had someone else take his GRE for him.    If those claim were proven to have been lies it would be all the better for him.
(September 11, 2020 at 9:46 am)Sal Wrote: I'm more partial to The Newsroom, from 2012, than Westwing.

I might agree, if it weren’t for the fact that Toby Ziegler is my spirit animal. Smile

Boru
(September 11, 2020 at 8:15 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: It's not a bad programme, overall. Although I'm reluctant to believe that someone as intellectual as Jed Bartlet could ever be elected president of the US. PhD in Economics, minor in theology, speaks four languages, chess master and Nobel Laureate (economics) - Yeah, THAT'S going to appeal to the average voter.

Boru

Clinton is a walking encyclopedia of laws, political quotes, even entire speeches.  First chair all-state on sax.  Rhodes scholar.  To the slackjaws in our state, he's an edgykated idjit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is the Passing of Carrie Fisher Important? Neo-Scholastic 24 2067 December 30, 2016 at 9:45 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  We Know....We Know.....(sigh) Minimalist 15 2964 February 25, 2016 at 3:20 am
Last Post: Kitty Galore
  I've changed my mind on something VERY important... theVOID 5 2031 May 28, 2011 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah
  Self-Important Tweets Tiberius 1 1438 August 18, 2010 at 7:08 am
Last Post: Shinylight
  Evolution: How We Know it Happened & Why it Matters Tiberius 0 1027 February 16, 2010 at 5:22 am
Last Post: Tiberius