Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 2:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 years after my M.S diagnosis
5 years after my M.S diagnosis
Hello everyone.

So, I crossed the milestone of having "Multiple Sclerosis" for 5 years.
I'm adapting a little by little, thank God for that. I recorded a video on youtube to discuss how to manage both the physical and the psychological changes:

More videos will come about my experience, and you can see the "healthy younger me" before the diagnosis too :Smile boy; how I've changed.

I hope you like the video ^+^

-> in the right side at the end of the video, is me before 5 years when I first got diagnosed
RE: 5 years after my M.S diagnosis
I hope it progresses especially slowly for you, WinterHold; and that the available treatments improve dramatically and the existing ones become more affordable soon. I know it's rough.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
How's your vision holding up?

Had any bad falls?

Beside the anti-depressant (which I assume is the same) what medications are you on?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 22, 2020 at 4:09 pm)WinterHold Wrote: Hello everyone.

I'm adapting a little by little, thank God for that. I recorded a video on youtube to discuss how to manage both the physical and the psychological changes:

More videos will come about my experience, and you can see the "healthy younger me" before the diagnosis too :Smile boy; how I've changed.

-> in the right side at the end of the video, is me before 5 years when I first got diagnosed

I have a certain sympathy for that. A friend of mine just had a heart lung transplant. With COVID that makes life difficult. There is nothing we can do about it. We will all be sitting down to christmas dinner and she will be excluded. It sucks big time.

ETA: I may well exclude myself since my daily toil puts me in direct contact with 50-100 strangers a day. I do not want to be responsible for transferring strange germs.
(October 23, 2020 at 4:46 pm)brewer Wrote: How's your vision holding up?

Had any bad falls?

Beside the anti-depressant (which I assume is the same) what medications are you on?

For depression I'm on Cymbalta and Cipralex, the vision is worsening, left eye is terrible, lost all sharpness in vision. But the glasses help a lot -not prism though -_- -

I'm not falling nowadays because I quit anything daring, even running became impossible.

I'm taking Rebief injection periodically 3 times a week. Don't forget the epilepsy too :Big Grin but I had it since I was a teen

(October 23, 2020 at 5:34 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote:

I have a certain sympathy for that. A friend of mine just had a heart lung transplant. With COVID that makes life difficult. There is nothing we can do about it. We will all be sitting down to christmas dinner and she will be excluded. It sucks big time.

ETA: I may well exclude myself since my daily toil puts me in direct contact with 50-100 strangers a day. I do not want to be responsible for transferring strange germs.

I feel sorry for her, anything that includes surgeries just takes it all to another level of pain. The idea itself is terrible, I guess you just have to focus your mind elsewhere and force yourself to forget.

But something about us humans -and I say this from experience-: we adapt.
I hope she adapts well, as for you...wear a mask and hope for the best
Don't think I ever knew you had epilepsy.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 25, 2020 at 9:41 am)brewer Wrote: Don't think I ever knew you had epilepsy.

It's under control since diagnosis, so I might've not mentioned it. Taking my Depakine dose daily became like a second nature to me
I hope you manage with MS.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

I get judged for my physical appearance a lot. What ironic is my appreance is the least of my worries in my eyes. What matters more is the things we have in this life.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1094 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  100 years and counting! Gwaithmir 12 2268 October 26, 2022 at 7:41 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  4 years out. Brian37 6 736 August 5, 2021 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: Brian37