Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Philly Clusterphunky
Philly Clusterphunky
Getting ugly in Philly.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2020/1...r-wallace/

Justified shooting? Sorta looks that way to me. Witnesses say the guy who the cops shot was waving a knife at them. 

And whyizit - the people who say the cops should "de-escalate" - never wonder why the knife waver didn't offer the cops a donut instead?

Dead Horse
RE: Philly Clusterphunky
(October 27, 2020 at 7:08 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Getting ugly in Philly.

Justified shooting? Sorta looks that way to me. Witnesses say the guy who the cops shot was waving a knife at them. 

And whyizit - the people who say the cops should "de-escalate" - never wonder why the knife waver didn't offer the cops a donut instead?

Dead Horse

Yep because a taser doesn't have the same range as a knife. OH WAIT! Rubber bullets don't have the same range as a knife. OH WAIT. Pepper spray, depending on type of design can be designed to have yards of range. 

There are plenty of videos of cops and even civilians taking down armed suspects without killing them. There are plenty of non lethal weapons that can be safely used at a distance to disrupt and disarm a suspect with a knife. 

This would make more sense if there were only one cop on a dark unlit road all by himself.

Once again you failed.
(October 27, 2020 at 7:21 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(October 27, 2020 at 7:08 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Getting ugly in Philly.

Dead Horse

Yep because a taser doesn't have the same range as a knife. OH WAIT! Rubber bullets don't have the same range as a knife. OH WAIT. Pepper spray, depending on type of design can be designed to have yards of range. 

There are plenty of videos of cops and even civilians taking down armed suspects without killing them.

This would make more sense if there were only one cop on a dark unlit road all by himself.

Once again you failed.

They were not equipped with tasers, shitbreath.....

And rubber bullets? Really? Gee wait mister - while I swap out live rounds for less than lethal ammo....

In the meantime - he cut what little nuts you have - off....

Jerkoff

Moron.
It's entirely possible to talk, someone, down with a knife. And no one expects a perp to offer donuts and lack of doing so does not justify gunning him down.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Why is it the suspect didn't stab his mother to death when she tried to take the knife away from him? Because he wasn't afraid of civilians, he was afraid of cops.
Quote:They were not equipped with tasers, shitbreath.....

And rubber bullets? Really? Gee wait mister - while I swap out live rounds for less than lethal ammo....

[Image: jerkoff.gif]

Moron.
You don't know that, And they should have already the bullets ready.
"Change was inevitable"

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(October 27, 2020 at 7:25 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(October 27, 2020 at 7:21 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Yep because a taser doesn't have the same range as a knife. OH WAIT! Rubber bullets don't have the same range as a knife. OH WAIT. Pepper spray, depending on type of design can be designed to have yards of range. 

There are plenty of videos of cops and even civilians taking down armed suspects without killing them.

Once again you failed.

They were not equipped with tasers, shitbreath.....

Jerkoff

Moron.

No dipshit. When the call comes in while you are in route you have the non lethal arms  at the ready when you get out of the car., and the cops with guns in the background. Nobody is suggesting a cop wait to switch weapons. That is fucking absurd. Rodney King didn't even have a knife and they still beat the fuck out of him. 

Blacks cant win either way. Comply they still die, but the Aurora Colorado movie theater killer and Dillan Roof were not armed with knives, but an A-r15 and they still made it into custody without being killed.
When was dropping a knife eliminated as an option?

I'll admit that 14 shots is excessive.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 27, 2020 at 7:26 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Why is it the suspect didn't stab his mother to death when she tried to take the knife away from him? Because he wasn't afraid of civilians, he was afraid of cops.

He was not afraid of the police. If you're afraid, you don't do something that's going to make it way more likely that you get shot. He was clearly suicidal. If he didn't think his life mattered, I don't see why anyone else should. Justified killing.
Quote:He was not afraid of the police. 

The evidence says otherwise 

Quote:If you're afraid, you don't do something that's going to make it way more likely that you get shot. 
Fight or flight and a panicked mind does not make rational decisions 

Quote:He was clearly suicidal. 
That's not clear at all 

Quote:If he didn't think his life mattered, I don't see why anyone else should. Justified killing.
That's a incredibly stupid statement  Dodgy

(October 27, 2020 at 7:33 pm)brewer Wrote: When was dropping a knife eliminated as an option?

I'll admit that 14 shots is excessive.
When is the cops giving him a reason to believe they simply going to gun him down the moment he dropped it eliminated as an option?
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM