Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PicoBlaze Simulator in JavaScript
PicoBlaze Simulator in JavaScript
As a part of a school project, I've been developing my PicoBlaze Simulator in JavaScript. What do you think about it? How can I make it better in a way that isn't too difficult to program?
RE: PicoBlaze Simulator in JavaScript
Can anybody here diagnose why the layout breaks in Firefox for Android when in the Landscape mode?
(November 5, 2020 at 9:34 am)FlatAssembler Wrote: As a part of a school project, I've been developing my PicoBlaze Simulator in JavaScript. What do you think about it? How can I make it better in a way that isn't too difficult to program?

We have an informal policy here of not doing other peoples’ homework for them.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 14, 2020 at 3:37 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(November 5, 2020 at 9:34 am)FlatAssembler Wrote: As a part of a school project, I've been developing my PicoBlaze Simulator in JavaScript. What do you think about it? How can I make it better in a way that isn't too difficult to program?

We gave an informal policy here of not doing other peoples’ homework for them.

Boru

And I am not asking you to do my homework for me.
(November 15, 2020 at 4:56 am)FlatAssembler Wrote:
(November 14, 2020 at 3:37 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: We gave an informal policy here of not doing other peoples’ homework for them.

Boru

And I am not asking you to do my homework for me.

Sure you are. This:

Quote:How can I make it better in a way that isn't too difficult to program?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 14, 2020 at 3:35 pm)FlatAssembler Wrote: Can anybody here diagnose why the layout breaks in Firefox for Android when in the Landscape mode?

Not gonna answer that, although I'm sure I could find a resource for that. Why don't you just head over to https://stackexchange.com/ and ask there, under the appropriate category?

Why do you even ask these questions here? And I'm asking as a former IT supporter. Is it pride or something?
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
(November 15, 2020 at 7:37 am)Sal Wrote:
(November 14, 2020 at 3:35 pm)FlatAssembler Wrote: Can anybody here diagnose why the layout breaks in Firefox for Android when in the Landscape mode?

Not gonna answer that, although I'm sure I could find a resource for that. Why don't you just head over to https://stackexchange.com/ and ask there, under the appropriate category?

Why do you even ask these questions here? And I'm asking as a former IT supporter. Is it pride or something?

So, which StackExchange forum would you recommend me to ask my question at? And how do I phrase my question so that it doesn't get downvoted into oblivion (as most of my questions there do)?
(November 15, 2020 at 7:45 am)FlatAssembler Wrote:
(November 15, 2020 at 7:37 am)Sal Wrote: Not gonna answer that, although I'm sure I could find a resource for that. Why don't you just head over to https://stackexchange.com/ and ask there, under the appropriate category?

So, which StackExchange forum would you recommend me to ask my question at? And how do I phrase my question so that it doesn't get downvoted into oblivion (as most of my questions there do)?

I don't fucking know. I'm not a programmer by training, although I know my way around code and some languages, I don't do it extensively (I very much don't have a deep understanding of coding, although I've seen my fair share of morons in the field). Just go the fuck over to Stackexchange and familiarize yourself with the platform. I'm sure if you post it in the incorrect category some knowledgeable mod will move it to the appropriate category, if the need arises. I'm not your mom.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
(November 15, 2020 at 4:59 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(November 15, 2020 at 4:56 am)FlatAssembler Wrote: And I am not asking you to do my homework for me.

Sure you are. This:

Quote:How can I make it better in a way that isn't too difficult to program?

Boru
That's... not asking you to do my homework instead of me.
I have tried to implement a terminal emulator for PicoBlaze inside my simulator. However, what I have made behaves rather unrealistically. Namely, on real PicoBlaze, you can type the data into the terminal while the program is running. In my PicoBlaze simulator, you need to type it before the program starts running. Right now, JavaScript blocks (disables) input into the terminal while there is a program running on the simulated PicoBlaze. If you circumvent that (by typing into a terminal while the program is paused), the simulator falls into an infinite loop. Any idea how to implement a remotely realistic terminal emulator in JavaScript? I have asked this question on Reddit as well, but so far got no response: https://www.reddit.com/r/learnjavascript...&context=3

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A weird bug in the preprocessor of PicoBlaze Simulator in JavaScript FlatAssembler 81 5366 December 19, 2023 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Reformatting tools for JavaScript FlatAssembler 0 361 June 14, 2020 at 10:13 am
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  Anatomy of religion in RELIGION SIMULATOR game gravitysoftware 12 2872 February 8, 2015 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: c172
  Analysis of a Facebook social engineering/Javascript "hack" Autumnlicious 4 3265 March 2, 2011 at 9:29 am
Last Post: fr0d0