Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Private Messages
Private Messages
So far I have sent 3 here.
And got no answer whatsoever.

Are Private Messages not popular here?
RE: Private Messages
I respond to PMs. I can't say how popular they particularly are, I don't get many.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
(November 5, 2020 at 6:24 pm)Dundee Wrote: So far I have sent 3 here.

It most likely depends on who you sent the messages to.  Are they here often, or do they just check in once in a while?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(November 5, 2020 at 6:28 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(November 5, 2020 at 6:24 pm)Dundee Wrote: So far I have sent 3 here.

It most likely depends on who you sent the messages to.  Are they here often, or do they just check in once in a while?

I have just looked into my "sent items" folder:

arewethereyet
October 30, 2020 at 5:35 pm

[Image: old_pm.png]

Angrboda
October 24, 2020 at 11:35 am

Der/die AtheistIn
May 3, 2020 at 4:29 pm

It seems one PM went to you.

I just sent out 3 messages - and none was answered.

Is it that nobody  ever looks into the "in" folder?
(November 5, 2020 at 7:55 pm)Dundee Wrote:
(November 5, 2020 at 6:28 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: It most likely depends on who you sent the messages to.  Are they here often, or do they just check in once in a while?

I have just looked into my "sent items" folder:

arewethereyet
October 30, 2020 at 5:35 pm

Angrboda
October 24, 2020 at 11:35 am

Der/die AtheistIn
May 3, 2020 at 4:29 pm

It seems one PM went to you.

I just sent out 3 messages - and none was answered.

Is it that nobody  ever looks into the "in" folder?
I tried to reply earlier and everything crashed...so, I'll try again.

Your PM confused me a little because you mentioned my putting in a good word for wine.  I had talked about drinking the cheap rot gut stuff in my teens.  I thought you had me confused with someone else.  I don't drink wine. I don't like wine.  There was no question in your PM for me to answer or a lead in to discussion.

There was no ill intent.  I really thought you PMed me accidentally.  

I am sorry if you feel I have wronged you in some way.  awty

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

@arewethereyet

It is all OK! I remember that you wrote to tell others, that drinking wine does not mean that one is an alcoholic. I wanted to thank you specially for that remark.

And no, you have not wronged me!

It was only me wondering whether there might be someting wrong with my message folder, as nobody had ever sent a message back.
I'm still waiting on a response from someone ...

I did entertain the thought that there was an error in the forum software. I'm kinda left out in the dark, because I consider this PM to be rather important ...
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
(November 6, 2020 at 3:31 am)Sal Wrote: I'm still waiting on a response from someone ...

I did entertain the thought that there was an error in the forum software. I'm kinda left out in the dark, because I consider this PM to be rather important ...

I see that others  have simular problems! 
So it was a good thing to start this topic.
(November 6, 2020 at 3:31 am)Sal Wrote: I'm still waiting on a response from someone ...

It wasn't to me.

I don't have any from you.
Dying to live, living to die.
(November 6, 2020 at 4:31 am)The Valkyrie Wrote:

It wasn't to me.

I don't have any from you.

Correct, the PM wasn't directed at you. It was sent on October 17, 2020 at 12:58 pm
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is slack a private social club and other issues my sorry ass has landed itself in Angrboda 89 11425 April 22, 2023 at 10:47 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  i keep getting contradictory messages from staff rocinantexyz 12 2448 November 29, 2022 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Is there a way to disable private messages? *Deidre* 14 2616 July 21, 2017 at 11:04 am
Last Post: brewer
  Limit to private messages? dahrling 11 2662 May 5, 2015 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Private Profiles, Please RonaldReagansGhost666 10 2920 March 9, 2013 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Aractus