Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 6:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Limit to private messages?
Limit to private messages?
Is there one?  Huh
[Image: tumblr_m2vsmhTfM41qa1e2io1_r1_500.gif]
RE: Limit to private messages?
Um.... are you intending to press the limit if there was one?

I would strongly advise against that.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
No Tongue But my inbox was acting strange a few minutes ago. I tried sending a private message and I ended up getting logged out Huh

So I am just wondering, is there a limit?
Not that I'm aware of.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I know that you can only send one every 30 seconds, but if I do send a second one I just get a "wait 7 more seconds" type message
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
Maybe it's my internet connection then. Huh Tongue

Thank you either way (:
You kids and your private messages... back in my day we used smoke signals and nobody complained
(May 5, 2015 at 5:52 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: You kids and your private messages... back in my day we used smoke signals and nobody complained

Big Grin And here I was thinking they already had carrier pigeons in your time  Tongue
Hey!  Don't knock carrier pigeons.

http://phys.org/news/2009-09-carrier-pig...ernet.html

Quote:In South Africa, a carrier pigeon carrying a 4GB memory stick proved to be faster than the ADSL service from the country's biggest web firm, Telkom. Winston the pigeon took one hour and eight minutes to carry the data across the 60-mile course, and it took another hour to upload the data. During the same time, the ADSL had sent just 4% of the data.
(May 5, 2015 at 6:13 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Hey!  Don't knock carrier pigeons.

http://phys.org/news/2009-09-carrier-pig...ernet.html

Quote:In South Africa, a carrier pigeon carrying a 4GB memory stick proved to be faster than the ADSL service from the country's biggest web firm, Telkom. Winston the pigeon took one hour and eight minutes to carry the data across the 60-mile course, and it took another hour to upload the data. During the same time, the ADSL had sent just 4% of the data.

Giggle  This really made me laugh out laud
Poor pigeons! They deserve better recognition   Tongue  

The real question is: ravens vs pigeons? Shy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is slack a private social club and other issues my sorry ass has landed itself in Angrboda 89 11452 April 22, 2023 at 10:47 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  i keep getting contradictory messages from staff rocinantexyz 12 2448 November 29, 2022 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Private Messages Dundee 33 4561 November 15, 2020 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Regarding the post edit time limit of absolute Doom ErGingerbreadMandude 103 9372 August 11, 2017 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Is there a way to disable private messages? *Deidre* 14 2620 July 21, 2017 at 11:04 am
Last Post: brewer
  Signature Size Limit Neo-Scholastic 22 3315 February 4, 2017 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  PM Recipient limit and auto-fill Clueless Morgan 0 1027 May 27, 2016 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  The maximum server load limit has been reached... c172 7 2512 July 16, 2015 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Siggy width limit? houseofcantor 7 2112 January 30, 2014 at 12:46 am
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Private Profiles, Please RonaldReagansGhost666 10 2920 March 9, 2013 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Aractus