Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 2:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About non European films.
About non European films.
Hello!

I don't normally start these things.

So, a poster who seems to not quite be here as their oppening ideas definately ran afoul of the MODS, opened with a question in regards to a foreign film.

Now, the MODS reponce was swift and probably final.

But an aspect of the contentious nature of said thread has stuck with me.

So, what are people's thoughts/take/ideas on films such a "The Ring" and '"Dark Waters". Moving to a different country, what do people think of "Last train to Busan"?

For me, the makers of such films create very 'different' vewing experiances. Now, some I understand is because the industry and its rules are diferent (or 'Allowed to be different') and so the patern of a film that I'm used to in a European back ground plays out not to my usual expectations. Plus, there's a definite difference in how such countires view certain aspects of life.

For me the movie "The Ring" has scenes that, to this day, still creep me out. Some scenes the cerator has a masterful ability to hit that "Uncanny valley" square on and have my hind brain leaping into the conrol totally driving the "Nope! NOPE!" buttons.

So, just opening with some rambling ideas. Heck, MODS come on in and add to the mix.

Much cheers to all. Smile

Not at work.
RE: About non European films.
(November 15, 2020 at 3:09 pm)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: Hello!

So, a poster who seems to not quite be here as their oppening ideas definately ran afoul of the MODS, opened with a question in regards to a foreign film.

So, what are people's thoughts/take/ideas on films such a "The Ring" and '"Dark Waters". Moving to a different country, what do people think of "Last train to Busan"?

For me, the makers of such films create very 'different' vewing experiances. Now, some I understand is because the industry and its rules are diferent (or 'Allowed to be different') and so the patern of a film that I'm used to in a European back ground plays out not to my usual expectations. Plus, there's a definite difference in how such countires view certain aspects of life.

For me the movie "The Ring" has scenes that, to this day, still creep me out. Some scenes the cerator has a masterful ability to hit that "Uncanny valley" square on and have my hind brain leaping into the conrol totally driving the "Nope! NOPE!" buttons.

So, just opening with some rambling ideas. Heck, MODS come on in and add to the mix.

Not at work.

Peebo, if you are asking about the person I just purged from here...his choice of entertainment isn't my concern.  His starting a thread asking if women like to be raped is.  He also referred to some pretty extreme and potentially deadly sex acts in his first post.

I am not clutching my pearls in a prudish huff.  I'm not going to have some meathead start a discussion on the merits of rape.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(November 15, 2020 at 3:15 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Peebo, if you are asking about the person I just purged from here...his choice of entertainment isn't my concern.  His starting a thread asking if women like to be raped is.  He also referred to some pretty extreme and potentially deadly sex acts in his first post.

I am not clutching my pearls in a prudish huff.  I'm not going to have some meathead start a discussion on the merits of rape.

Nope. Not actually asking about said person at all.

Just thought an aspect of what they'd opened with was interesting, is all. Big Grin

Non-European peoples have teh craziest ideas!   Panic 

Great 

Not at work.
(November 15, 2020 at 3:15 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(November 15, 2020 at 3:09 pm)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: Hello!

Not at work.

Peebo, if you are asking about the person I just purged from here...his choice of entertainment isn't my concern.  His starting a thread asking if women like to be raped is.  He also referred to some pretty extreme and potentially deadly sex acts in his first post.

I have never really understood the "women like to be raped" argument. Liking it implies consent, which, if true, makes it not actually rape, just  some really fucked-up consensual sex.

...crap, that whole  thing is just a way to minimise rape and render the whole concept meaningless, isn't it?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Sooo.... uhm. Not quite that I started my topic about what the 'Other' poster had presented.

I'm more after people's veiws on how other cultures view things and such. Using the medium of film to show one differance.

How Asian film makers do not have to slavishly stick to the tropes that American film making seems it must. Which I do understand. People have to attract money to make a film before a film can get made. Most investorrs don't want to gamble. Theyt simply want to make money on their investment.

Cheers.   Great 

Not at work.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  European Opinions Foxaèr 0 195 September 27, 2023 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  First-time, non-violent criminals do not belong in prison. Jehanne 25 1543 August 29, 2022 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Non-Alcoholic Beer Foxaèr 48 2495 June 13, 2021 at 5:30 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Non-Alcoholic Bears LadyForCamus 8 652 June 12, 2021 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  [Serious] Are you non-binary? Porcupine 48 3485 July 18, 2020 at 10:16 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  European Vacation Jackalope 40 3318 February 17, 2018 at 6:22 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  What Are Your Favorite Classic Films/Movies? Kernel Sohcahtoa 6 1411 October 11, 2016 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  A Non-Human Interest Story TheRealJoeFish 12 1904 June 1, 2016 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Cato
  Non-sexy massage therapy Athene 21 4499 January 4, 2016 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Crowd-sourcing Mrs. Rhythms European Vacation The Grand Nudger 4 887 December 30, 2015 at 9:29 pm
Last Post: abaris