Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Little Project
My Little Project
AKA, Of The Numinous

(For those who judged the word, there's more than one meaning)

Anywho.

I am working on a new novel. I will post the first chapter to get your opinion. Would you read past the first chapter?

Also, any criticisms are welcome.

The novel can be found here:
https://www.wattpad.com/984748329-of-the...hapter-one

I've already written a few chapters and I am rather proud of what I have written. To be honest, I have felt I have not written anything this good in a long time. Feel free to follow along as I slowly progress and publish new chapters.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: My Little Project
Needs more tits and I noticed a complete lack of things blowing up.

Constructive criticism - if you're attempting to convey haste you might want to shorten your sentences and tighten the exposition. Pepper it with words that make people exhale to read them. Lots of pronounced h's f's and s's. Gives you a target list for your thesaurus.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 25, 2020 at 10:06 am)Eleven Wrote: AKA, Of The Numinous

(For those who judged the word, there's more than one meaning)

Anywho.

I am working on a new novel. I will post the first chapter to get your opinion. Would you read past the first chapter?

Also, any criticisms are welcome.

The novel can be found here:
https://www.wattpad.com/984748329-of-the...hapter-one

I've already written a few chapters and I am rather proud of what I have written. To be honest, I have felt I have not written anything this good in a long time. Feel free to follow along as I slowly progress and publish new chapters.

I’ve read worse.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I read the title wrong.

I expected pictures of Eleven dressed as a glittery unicorn.

Am disappointed!
Dying to live, living to die.
I read the bit you had on the page. It has promise!

Now, I know nothing about writing, but I do read a lot of science fiction and fantasy.

This is in the first person, so I am expecting that the style of the description is bringing me into the mind and personality of the character. But it didn't, really. I felt like the description was trying too hard, somehow. But what do I know?

Anyway, I'll be looking forward to reading more.
I'm going read it again later when I am not distracted.

One thing I noticed is "dead corpse".  Is there any other kind of corpse?  I think you can leave out the word dead.

You refer to third shift as being the less populated...third shift meaning there are three shifts would mean it's the least populated.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

I'm on chapter four right now.

Honestly, I hadn't expected to go the route I have with it, but that's often how my writing turns out. I never outline or plan ahead, because my characters are always doing whatever they want anyway.

In the chapters following the beginning, it would appear that the novel is related to a particular idea, but I assure you that things are not as they seem. At least that's the constant that has been playing in my mind as I continue to write.

The first three chapters will seem slow, but an easy read since I am limiting each chapter to roughly 1k words, due to the single character in the beginning. But things will pick up once things begin to fall into place.
~ Erin Hunter
Also, granted, my writing isn't meant to appease to every audience. That would be impossible. I can only write as I can write, and I will always continue to do that. I write for fun, to appease the voices in my head I refer to as my imagination, and I give life to a world that could not exist without my help.

Criticism is good, yet I also have to be of the mind to measure criticism accordingly so that I can continue writing. After all, every criticism is not necessarily accurate, it's just the opinion of a single reader.

I'm about halfway through chapter five. Chapter two has been published at the link I provided. I will not be posting further chapters here for perusal. I will attempt to remain two chapters ahead of what I publish. As soon as I finish writing chapter five, the third chapter will be published.
~ Erin Hunter
Chapter three, published to the link in the OP, delves a little deeper into what is happening.

Chapter six is a slower work in progress, but that is also understandable due to the direction the novel is taking.
~ Erin Hunter
Six chapters now available for reading. If upon the end of the sixth chapter one's interest has not been satisfactorily peaked, then.......I'll just continue to write the novel regardless.
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project? Collaborative Fiction, based on a true story kinda Nanny 2 235 February 2, 2024 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: Nanny
  I have a project for you. Brian37 34 1562 August 8, 2020 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Deadly little Miho WinterHold 43 3241 May 5, 2020 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Regulars, a little help if you remember. Brian37 23 1494 January 28, 2020 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  'demonic' art project at school Fake Messiah 1 498 October 23, 2019 at 12:16 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  A little more love.... Brian37 19 1183 April 27, 2019 at 9:56 am
Last Post: Brian37
  A little ahead but HAPPY NEW YEAR! Brian37 2 411 December 26, 2018 at 8:06 am
  Peter Jackson's Newest Project... BrianSoddingBoru4 3 561 January 24, 2018 at 5:41 pm
  Another new little idea for a piece, now a bit more worked out Alex K 9 2248 August 24, 2017 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: Court Jester
  Atheist Forums' little corner of translations Mr.Obvious 9 1662 August 7, 2017 at 3:54 am
Last Post: Mr.Obvious