Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 6:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Responses to James Tour
Responses to James Tour
I'm interested in finding responses to articles published by creationist James Tour in which he criticizes the latest research into abiogenesis, claiming for one reason or another why it is impossible and never happened. I've done several Google searches for such articles with no luck.

James Tour - Wikipedia
Two Experiments in Abiogenesis | Articles | Inference: International Review of Science (inference-review.com)
Animadversions of a Synthetic Chemist | Articles | Inference: International Review of Science (inference-review.com)
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
RE: Responses to James Tour
(December 31, 2020 at 8:50 am)Gwaithmir Wrote: I'm interested in finding responses to articles published by creationist James Tour in which he criticizes the latest research into abiogenesis, claiming for one reason or another why it is impossible and never happened. I've done several Google searches for such articles with no luck.

James Tour - Wikipedia
Two Experiments in Abiogenesis | Articles | Inference: International Review of Science (inference-review.com)
Animadversions of a Synthetic Chemist | Articles | Inference: International Review of Science (inference-review.com)

I am not a chemist, but he seems to be saying that some scientific research into abiogenesis is not realistic to actual Earth conditions (whatever they may be).  Basically, the Earth doesn't have nice laboratory purified gases and such.

Scientific work into possible pathways for abiogenesis is absolutely necessary.  Only then can a pathway that might occur in nature be determined.

To many believers, the creation of life and the big-bang (both of which could be singular events) are the last bastion of where a god might have diddled with nature.  Take that away, and they have either no god, or one that simply doesn't do anything.

This is just FUD for benefit of the fundies.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  James Webb Space Telescope pics pocaracas 18 2239 December 8, 2022 at 3:00 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  James Webb telescope is live (well, almost)! Jehanne 5 468 March 20, 2022 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  James Webb vulcanlogician 51 2737 January 30, 2022 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Disagreeable
  James Webb space telescope axed Anomalocaris 29 11355 July 13, 2011 at 2:10 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris