Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Webb space telescope axed
James Webb space telescope axed
The hugely successful Hubble space telescope is scheduled to be deorbited and burn up in the atmosphere in 2012. It's role was to have been taken by the new and much more powerful James Webb Space telescope. But the Republicans, in the interest of protecting the wealthy from suffering the indignity of doing their part, have gloriously exterminated another nefarious tool of collective human progress.

James Webb space telescope have been Defunded by the house.
RE: James Webb space telescope axed
They're afraid it could be aimed down to see where people are keeping their assault weapons.
No shuttle, no scope, fan-fucking-tastic.

(Orbital telescopes are obviously a waste of money, all that looking and not a single trace of the man in the sky)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Of course, here is the problem:

Quote:JWST is much larger than the Hubble telescope - 6.5 meters (21.3 feet) in diameter compared with 2.4 meters (7.9 feet) - and is designed to see much farther out in space and much farther back in time,

http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/AAS_Is...e_999.html

When you have a party dominated by Know-Nothing shitheads who think the earth is 6,000 years old how far back in time do you have to go?
When I think about the direction this country is headed in regards of what's being cut (science), and not cut (defense), I see red. Add that to big companies like the ones in the oil industry making record profits in this economy, and I feel like going postal.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I hang my head low and shake it in shame. Every freeking politican is on the right side of the spectrum and it is getting worse.
(July 10, 2011 at 9:24 pm)FaithNoMore Wrote: ... big companies like the ones in the oil industry making record profits in this economy, and I feel like going postal.

**seeing red**

The fact that most of these big oil CEOs make millions upon millions of dollars annually makes my eyes just burn with anger.

Our proverbial ship is sinking and these CEOs just keep flooding the 'poop deck'!!! (that's right, I said it!)

Between the pharmaceuticals, the bankers and big oil - we have a juggernaut that is going to lay this nation to waste. ---And what really sucks the most -- They won't give a shit when it does because they'll already be set up to control whatever new system emerges. They don't care who's flag they're under, who's face is printed on the money or how many millions they cause to suffer. Power is the only concern and greed is their only obsession. They are insulated with fleets of attorneys, their corrupt government friends from ivy-league colleges, and if nothing else the convenient shadow of anonymity.

Mother Fuckers!! sorry bout the rant.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Here's a video from Rachel Maddow's show of July 6. It takes her a couple of minutes to get to the point but when she does ( and she cites her sources, unlike these republican shit stains ) your head will finish exploding.

http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/rea...=64989499#

She discusses what the corporate pricks do with the money they extort from the treasury and let me tell you, it isn't to create jobs. Worse, everybody outside of the fucking republican party seems to know that but that doesn't stop Boehner and the rest of his clique of whores from lying like rugs.

Now, I fully expect our resident free market types to explode but frankly neither of them live here so I really don't give a fuck what either of them say.
(July 10, 2011 at 11:43 pm)Cinjin Wrote: The fact that most of these big oil CEOs make millions upon millions of dollars annually makes my eyes just burn with anger.

Ah, but you see, certain members here will argue that those CEO's deserve compensation for being the 1 in a million of people who can possibly do such.
Quote:the 1 in a million of people who can possibly do such.

Play golf and fuck people over? I don't think it is that big a skill.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  James Webb Space Telescope pics pocaracas 18 2240 December 8, 2022 at 3:00 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  James Webb telescope is live (well, almost)! Jehanne 5 468 March 20, 2022 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  James Webb vulcanlogician 51 2758 January 30, 2022 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Responses to James Tour Gwaithmir 1 652 January 1, 2021 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  A Simple Demonstration of Space/Time Relativity Rhondazvous 14 2577 August 26, 2019 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: Vince
  Space Shuttle video site zebo-the-fat 0 508 October 6, 2018 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  No perfect circles in space... Jehanne 42 7207 July 23, 2018 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Trump space force: US to set up sixth military branch zebo-the-fat 47 6953 June 22, 2018 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  How Do Scientists Know It's Space Expanding Not Galaxies Moving? Rhondazvous 43 9906 August 18, 2017 at 10:53 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Space-Time: The Bopdie Twins: If Space is Expanding Isn't Time Expandin Too? Rhondazvous 14 1732 August 2, 2017 at 8:06 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous