Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 12:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] Our hobbies define us...
Our hobbies define us...
[Image: image.png]

It just occurred to me that I spend all day on fb chatting about my various hobbies/passions with other likeminded nerds.

My groups comprise entirely of:

1] cats (in particular the Oriental short hair variety)
2] 3d printing (in particular Snapmaker 2.0 A350)
3] Mustangs (specifically 1971-173 models)
4] PC mods/water cooling (in particular custom water loops)

Define yourself by your hobbies/habits/passions.
(Beccs, collecting human corpses and getting Boru to help you bury them in shallow pits in the bush using lots of lime is NOT what I meant)

This is a serious thread. Your hobbies can be stupid as long as you're serious about them...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: Our hobbies define us...
(January 10, 2021 at 1:04 am)░I░G░N░O░R░A░M░U░S ░ Wrote: [Image: image.png]

It just occurred to me that I spend all day on fb chatting about my various hobbies/passions with other likeminded nerds.

My groups comprise entirely of:

1] cats (in particular the Oriental short hair variety)
2] 3d printing (in particular Snapmaker 2.0 A350)
3] Mustangs (specifically 1971-173 models)
4] PC mods/water cooling (in particular custom water loops)

Define yourself by your hobbies/habits/passions.
(Beccs, collecting human corpses and getting Boru to help you bury them in shallow pits in the bush using lots of lime is NOT what I meant)

This is a serious thread. Your hobbies can be stupid as long as you're serious about them...

Ah! My wife's consistent topic - What are you into NOW?! Another 9-day wonder, I bet...

I've had many hobbies/pastimes/interests, and still do. And I resurrect old ones. Endless variety and challenge, and trying to get a grip on it in order to speak reasonably with others on said hobby.

I don't know. Am I curious, a spendthrift (some stuff ain't cheap), suffering from a short attention span, desirous of knowledge in a variety of fields, a child with toys? Or just a happy chappy trying to enjoy life?

If I go first, she'll throw everything in the skip...
I write dictionaries in my spare time.
After smoking the pot, the guy doesn't realize that a possum isn't a cat? Interesting to have a humorous meme for a serious thread.

I do astronomy. Or think about doing it, if its too cold outside, or I'm too tired. I think I'll try combining it with pot next time.
My hobbies, in no particular order are/have been:
Rock climbing
Warhammer 40K
Swing Dancing
Coding
Playing guitar
Kitesurfing
Karate

These days, because of covid, my main hobby is lamenting the fact that I can't do most of my hobbies. The hobby I most engage with is drinking, in my refurbished shed, and watching Netflix with my wife.
Wood working

Wood carving

Copper smithing
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
After not doing any sewing for years the need for masks got me back into it. Then I moved on to making quilts. I have sewn by hand and machine since I was a young teen...everything from embroidery to making clothes for myself and my kids to making curtains.

My full time work and commute hours made it difficult to get a project completed so I had gradually just stopped. Now I work a few hours a day from home and can quickly transform my office into my sewing space. I missed it more than I realized.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Let’s see...there’s the blacksmithing, cooking, collecting useless crap, collecting books, DIY crafting. That about covers it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I am known by certain people (mainly family members) as "The Hobby King".

Here is a list of hobbies I have been part of - some still-

Collect and played guitar and bass
SCUBA diving
Collect and ride motorcycles
Photography - black and white film mostly 35mm
Ham Radio (General class license)
Design, build fly and teach flying of RC fixed wing. Build and fly rotary RC.
Collect cand build firearms
Garage sales
Collect Coleman Lanterns
Collect tools and machinery
Make Maple Syrup
Collect, build, service and drive Saturn S-series cars..

It's always SOME damned thing.
(January 11, 2021 at 10:51 am)HappySkeptic Wrote: I do astronomy.  Or think about doing it, if its too cold outside, or I'm too tired.  I think I'll try combining it with pot next time.

Others are also into that here... Give us telescope details please!

(January 11, 2021 at 11:21 am)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: My hobbies, in no particular order are/have been:
Rock climbing
Warhammer 40K
Swing Dancing
Coding
Playing guitar
Kitesurfing
Karate

That's some seriously diverse hobbies you have there!

(January 11, 2021 at 12:26 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Let’s see...there’s the blacksmithing, cooking, collecting useless crap, collecting books, DIY crafting. That about covers it.

Boru

I'm suspecting "collecting useless crap" is more of a byproduct of fulfilling all the other hobbies Dunno
(Can hoarding be considered a hobby?)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.