Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new Confederacy
A new Confederacy
Is it possible that some states, led by the politics of white supremacy, could begin the serious path to secession?  Unlike the 1800's, we don't have a single issue to pivot on, but rather this vague idea of vanishing white influence over a country that ostensibly belongs to them and a government that opposes and oppresses them.  Is that enough to pursue such violent ideas as disrupting the most powerful economic country on the planet?  Will the rich and powerful oppose them or join them?  I think these questions will be taken more seriously in the near future.  Is there anything peaceful that could be done to quell the discontent?
Why is it so?
~Julius Sumner Miller
RE: A new Confederacy
(January 12, 2021 at 12:59 pm)Spongebob Wrote: Is it possible that some states, led by the politics of white supremacy, could begin the serious path to secession?  Unlike the 1800's, we don't have a single issue to pivot on, but rather this vague idea of vanishing white influence over a country that ostensibly belongs to them and a government that opposes and oppresses them.  Is that enough to pursue such violent ideas as disrupting the most powerful economic country on the planet?  Will the rich and powerful oppose them or join them?  I think these questions will be taken more seriously in the near future.  Is there anything peaceful that could be done to quell the discontent?

No.

No. 

Oppose.

Yes.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
To your last question:  bread and circuses.  If and when the pandemic allows, the unrest will be quelled by music festivals, state fairs and biker rallies where the oppressed are allowed to walk about gnawing turkey legs and scarfing fried twinkies while bemoaning their lack of freedom.
Tried it, it failed.
(January 12, 2021 at 12:59 pm)Spongebob Wrote: Is it possible that some states, led by the politics of white supremacy, could begin the serious path to secession?  Unlike the 1800's, we don't have a single issue to pivot on, but rather this vague idea of vanishing white influence over a country that ostensibly belongs to them and a government that opposes and oppresses them.  Is that enough to pursue such violent ideas as disrupting the most powerful economic country on the planet?  Will the rich and powerful oppose them or join them?  I think these questions will be taken more seriously in the near future.  Is there anything peaceful that could be done to quell the discontent?

No, I think at best this shit is going to start a period of white terrorism, and as bad as that is, I still don't think there will be a civil war. It is going to suck big time, but this half assed attempt last week that failed has put our police and national guard on notice. Our military has said they would have no part in overturning an election, so they are most certainly wont have any part in succession.
(January 12, 2021 at 6:21 pm)Brian37 Wrote:

No, I think at best this shit is going to start a period of white terrorism, and as bad as that is, I still don't think there will be a civil war. It is going to suck big time, but this half assed attempt last week that failed has put our police and national guard on notice. Our military has said they would have no part in overturning an election, so they are most certainly wont have any part in succession

Really? Really?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 12, 2021 at 6:33 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(January 12, 2021 at 6:21 pm)Brian37 Wrote: No, I think at best this shit is going to start a period of white terrorism, and as bad as that is, I still don't think there will be a civil war. It is going to suck big time, but this half assed attempt last week that failed has put our police and national guard on notice. Our military has said they would have no part in overturning an election, so they are most certainly wont have any part in succession

Really? Really?

Boru

I am perfect, I fart rainbows, unicorns, and and am the Washington Football Team coach.
(January 12, 2021 at 6:36 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(January 12, 2021 at 6:33 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Really? Really?

Boru

I am perfect, I fart rainbows, unicorns, and and am the Washington Football Team coach.

Good job.

Boru
Doubling words is only classy when it's the the word "the."

[Image: eyecreatures.jpeg]
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(January 12, 2021 at 8:40 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Doubling words is only classy when it's the the word "the."

[Image: eyecreatures.jpeg]

What about had?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not Texas - but still the old Confederacy Minimalist 6 1106 July 11, 2013 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: cratehorus